NO JOY Recommendations for PIAF XEN VPS

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
i has a XEN VPS from this website http://virpus.com/xen-vps/
i currently has the Plan: SVM-1G for $5 a month

i has PIAF Green installed FreePBX 2.11
Everything works FINE its a XEN VPS

but i notice every chance i get i hear Fuzz, Crappy sound when talking to people its so bad you would think you where on a cell phone with 1 bar.

do you guys think no matter what plan i get i will always has this issue or do you think another HIGH $ plan would work better?

Right now im getting
4 CPU CORES | 1GB Ram DEDICATED RAM (SWAP IS X 2) so they say? | \

SOME TIMES I ALSO NOTICE CONNECTION ISSUES?.....

System Statistics
Processor
Load Average
CPU
0%
Memory
App Memory
35%
Swap
0%
Disks
/
15%
/dev/shm
0%
Networks
eth0 receive
120.65 KB/s
eth0 transmit
1.48 KB/s

** i know im a CHEAP ..... CHEAP CHEAP PONY **
i dont has much Money $$, so.... ya i cant spend over $20

Reaction score
Well system specs wise it sounds fine (my dedicated box is an old Athlon 64 X2 3800+ with 1GB RAM), so I would tend to lean towards network issues (either your end or their end or somewhere in between). It seems to me the first test would be to try calls with your voip phone connected from a couple other networks to see if it's an issue with the internet connection at your primary location or if the quality is bad from elsewhere (preferable others on the same and on different ISPs - if on cable, ideally one test from a location on the same loop as your location).

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
well i kinda think its them.... once in a while no .... a LOT of the time, i will try to Putty or visit website to check on something and all i see at the buttom of the page is Chrome trying to connect, No Load.... conntect trying to find the website. with putty it tells me inactive.

so i think there is a conntection issue with network somewhere not sure where./

also when i try to conntect to there VPS CONTROL PAENL, the MAIN site where i can re-install vps/reboot/shut down sometimes it wont let me get to the login page TAKES FOR EVER TO ACCESS. so makes me think its them

i know there internet is fast only takes me 2min to download a 1gb file.
its just strange that i sound like im under water sometimes and that people cant hear me and the same.... hmmm

all in all.... everything works good.

X-Lite on both laptop desktop
Zophier on Android Phone
Linksys SPA2102 voip box
+ route calls to follow me to Cell phone.
all is good fast connect just that sound.. when people call to IVR it sometimes sounds bad not always but sometimes.

so i not sure what it could be.

howardsl2

Guru
Reaction score
If you are a new user who qualify for the Amazon Web Services Free Tier, you can run a 1GB RAM Xen instance (t2.micro) for very low cost for 12 months, along with other benefits.
(Hint: With some trick you can get up to two public IPs for free on a single EC2 instance).

Otherwise try DigitalOcean and spin up a droplet there to test. The basic idea is to try a different VPS provider so you can figure out whether it is a network problem with your current provider.

To quickly install PIAF on a new VPS use my tutorial here (see post #13), or visit Ward's PIAF3 article.

Hope this helps!

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
I have 2 PIAF instances running production on $5 Digital Ocean 512K droplets. Perfect quality. I think it's your provider.

Twilight Sparkle

Reaction score
i keep seeing people say "DigitalOcean" is good & they offer just about the samething i already has.

i think im gonna buy the $5 dollar one & test it.

i feel im getting cheated on CPU or Data with the company i with now.
i feel something is NOT right since this:
Hosting at work on there Verizon DSL about 3mbps down/2mbps upload i get good sound quility & does not sound like under water using VirtualBox.
Hosting at other sisters place just about the same for internet and virutal box.

both also have sad compauters with sad specs and ram & cpu power ( giving that fact and i get good results ) you would think that the HOST i with now seems to offer MORE then the computers i been using but sister does not like my PBX on her pc and work... well i think i could get fire if they find out so i need host.

i been testing host for a while & i cant seem to find the one.

& the host i with now... they over Fast Internet & Fast CPU & 1/2GB memory so why im i has the issues? i should not i think they are cheating me.

So ill get DigitalOcean once my Pony pocket fills with cast something next month lol.....

ill keep ya'll posted on this toipc once i get DigitalOcean and ill let you know if i still has the under water call qulity.

i just hate talking to someone on the phone and they cant hear me cuz it feels like i has a bad connction.

& my borther told me his system only has like 512MB memory and old 2003 desktop running pbx in a flash with good intertnet and poof works 100% with no issues>.... so ya ill try DigitalOcean

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.