QUESTION Ringback recording?

bobkoure

Reaction score
To make inbound calls that get forwarded to external (PSTN) numbers I use as extensions, I've been playing sound to the inbound call - just added an announcement to the ring groups that include these extensions.
for now, I used the shipped-with-PIAF "please wait while I connect your call". Works great, but I'd rather just play a couple of ringbacks. Is there a PIAF-appropriate recording of two or three ringbacks anywhere about? I went through the shipped sounds and I'm pretty sure there isn't one there.
Thanks!

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Use a ring group instead?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.1 KB · Views: 14

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Where I have it blacked out, insert your dialable external number followed by a #. IE: 96135551212#

bobkoure

Reaction score
And putting a POTS number in a ring group list of extensions will cause audio to be sent to the caller before a ring is sent to the extensions?
Just wondering as I currently have external POTS numbers set as custom extensions using the dial string "Local/96135551212@from-internal", do have the ring group "music on hold" set to "ring".

If I don't play a sound to the caller, then if I get an external call and it gets connected to one of my external numbers I'm using as an extension I get no audio. Original suggestion to me was to use an IVR to play audio, but the ring group "announcement" seems to work fine. I was just looking to make that sound a bit more "seamless" to an inbound caller.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
No audio sounds like a NAT issue to me. Works fine here.

bobkoure

Reaction score
I tried that suggestion. As I remember, progressinband=yes sorted the issue for vitelity but not for voip.ms. So I pointed inbound calls at an IVR that played a recording. That worked. Then I realized I could just play the recording as the announcement for a ring group. Also works. On my setup (not sure why it should be different than any other setup - plain Jane incrediblepi) the key seemed to be to play some sound to an incoming call before any external numbers were rung - and call group announcements do exactly that.
Now I'm just looking for a recording of ringback sounds. I've got one that works "please wait while I connect your call...". Not a technical problem at this point, just a matter of taste.

bobkoure

Reaction score
Yes, only looking for something more like US sounds which I think might be called "bellcore dr-2".
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.