SOLVED Vitelity - No Outgoing Calls (with solution)

Reaction score
I recently got the following accounts at Vitelity (thanks for the deals, Mr. Mundy!):

- 3.99 DID deal,
- 800 fax number, and
- vMobile service with Vitelity Samsung S4 (still awaiting phone).

Having read the issues with vMobile behind some residental NAT firewalls, I used the RentPBX deal for my hosting. After careful reading, everything seemed to be working except for my outbound calling! I tried everything.... read everything I could find..... nothing seemed to work....

At my wit's end, I finally opened a support ticket at Vitelity. Within minutes I got a response:

Apologies about that, the account is only a couple months old and I see a large payment was just made at the beginning of the month so it shut off outbound as a precaution as we don't have a good monthly spending history on the account and it was flagged as unusual. I've re-enabled outbound. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

After I responded that they might want to send an email of some kind to ease troubleshooting, they replied:

it's part of the fraud monitoring system in case of compromise an email is intentionally not sent to require the customer to contact us, we are adjusting it though as your account isn't the only one that has been false positively flagged

Everything works now! I am still a fan of Vitelity. They have been quick to respond to the issues I have raised. Plus, they financially support this community, which is a win-win-win.

Anyways, I though this might be useful information for other people who might be having similar odd issues.

fang0654

Guru
Reaction score
I've had this happen with 3 or 4 customers. You'll usually see a 403 Unauthorized in the asterisk logs when trying to make the call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.