NEED MORE INFO Fail2Ban, IPTables and Travelin' Man 3 not cooperating

progs_00

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.
First of all let me say that I'm reporting this as a bug but I'm not sure it is one. I've tried to ask in the Help section but haven't got any reply. So If my assumptions are wrong, by all means do delete this thread.
So here we go. Initially I noticed (for both my Raspberry PI and the "normal" Incredible PBX) that although fail2ban was working perfectly and doing an iptables -L would show all chains, after a while the chains would disappear and iptables -L would simply show the iptables rules.
After digging through the files I saw that this was caused by the iptables-restart command that was issued because of Travelin' Man and that would wipe the fail2ban rules out of iptables.
Now I have come up with a solution that seems to work fine but before I post it (and possibly cause havoc :) ) I would like a confirmation if this is a bug or not

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Yep. An issue with inadvertent disabling of fail2ban has crept in. It doesn't much matter if you've deployed Travelin' Man 3 with a WhiteList since access to your server is completely locked down anyway.

We already have fixed it in the CentOS/Scientific Linux version of Travelin' Man 3. We will address it on the Debian/Ubuntu platform for Incredible PBX... soon. Thanks.

progs_00

Reaction score
Hello wardmundy and thanks for replying. Since it's already been resolved I will simply wait for it to also arrive for Raspberry rather than posting my workaround

Thanks for everything and bye for now

dancestop

Reaction score
I am having problems getting past port 83 on TravelinMan 2. I do not get the Travelin Man page in or outside my network.
Is this the same problem as described?

Environment is: PIAF=2.0.6.5, FreePBX=2.11.0.37. Asterisk=1.8.26.1, Centos=6.5

dancestop

Reaction score
I re-installed today....and all is fine in my world of Travelin' Man 2.

I am a novice (unless you want to talk about z/OS mainframe performance) but where can I check if any new Travelin' Man 2 code was developed and where do I look for my release I am running?

Thanks again for the work that was done on the fix.

dancestop

Reaction score
I did.. Being a novice... I may have missed something the first time and just did it right this time.

However, this was a fresh install on hardware and it was working. This May 3 post was a reinstall and everything started working again after a fresh install of Travelinman 2. Frankly if I was professional about this problem I would have found the exact root cause of the problem and fix that instead of reinstalling. I felt like a Windows Help Desk person saying 'just reboot'!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.