ALERT Never Trust a Copier

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that!

Wow, would have never suspected that, but it totally makes sense. Makes me wonder what's in the inexpensive all-in-one devices as well.

CoinTos

Reaction score
I think I would be more worried that places like police stations leave copies in the machine and ship it out without checking.

LukeHandle

Reaction score
"develops software that can scrub all the data on hard drives" - If that's true I would argue it was a waste of time. If they can get freely available carving software off the net, they could probably have found a good forensic disc wiper.

Porch

Guru
Reaction score
DBAN will wipe the drive, no problem. However, the entire operating system is often stored on the drive too. So in affect, it would brick the copier, and the resellers don't exactly want that. I have not disposed of a copier in some time, but I assume the recycle company has a disclaimer that they are not responsible for wiping the device.

And if you think a copier is bad, buy a used server or computer off ebay. Always a surprise for me.

Henry Waldner

Reaction score
I've got a friend that worked for forensic say he formated and fdisk a drive 4 times and were able to get the date from it. Says the only thing that works is a bigger sledge hammer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.