FOOD FOR THOUGHT Incredible PBX Cisco BLF Presence Patch (JIRA - 13145)

Pescatore

Reaction score
Hi, I am running Incredible PBX on the Raspberry Pi and must say that I am very impressed with the functionality and performance. I am running FreePBX 2.11.0.15 & Asterisk 11.3.0-rc1

I have a mixture of Cisco phones (9971, 7975) and would like to get the Busy Lamp Field (BLF) working. I have searched the web and believe that the only solution available is to patch asterisk with the presence patch as listed on JIRA

Could you please advise if there is already a release of Incredible PBC that incorporates the Presence Patch? Or would I have to patch Incredible PBX manually?

Is it possible to patch Incredible PBX or would I have to rebuild Asterisk from scratch?

Are there any tutorials or documentation that I can refer to describing the method?

Apologies if this question has already been answered in a previous post and thanks in advance for your time!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
You may or may not have found your answer in that tutorial, but here's my $0.02.
I applied the patch on my PIAF system (not on RasPi) at home for a 7970 on Asterisk 1.8.something. It worked fine. Didn't take too long to compile. I can only imagine how long it would take to recompile on a RasPi.
I don't imagine wardmundy would release a version of Incredible PBX just for this patch. I'd say take a backup first, and forge forward patching manually.
There was a thread on how to do that on an actual PIAF machine here, not a RasPi, but I can't recall if that was before/after the "Great Crash." I think I wrote it....maybe. Don't remember.
In any case, do let us know how you come out.

Pescatore

Reaction score
Hi Rossiv thanks for the reply. I spent some time on this today and was able to patch the Raspberry Pi Successfully. It did take some time to compile as expected but well worth it as BLF and Video seems to working well now. I have not fully tested all the call scenarios yet but initially I see an issue with call pickup, I will take a closer look over the next few days.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked. I actually migrated my home PBX to a BeagleBone Black, so I'll probably investigate this now that I know it works.

Does the call pickup just not work? I think I may have had to add some dialplan to make that work before.

Reaction score

Pescatore

Reaction score
Snarpatroid, thanks for the response. I was able to get the BLF, Call Forwarding & BLF Pickup working.

I spent a lot time on this and unfortunately have only just seen your response. Your tutorial would have saved me a lot of time as I used the same code for the Call Forwarding.

For the Call Pickup I added the following code from freepbx.org

I have been trying to get the DND presence working but am struggling, some guidance on that would be appreciated. I added the following to the SEP.cnf.xml which assigns the DND toggle to a line button.

<line button="6">
<featureID>130</featureID>
<featureLabel>DND</featureLabel>
<featureOptionMask>1</featureOptionMask>
</line>

I am able to toggle the DND from the asterisk CLI using the "sip donotdisturb {on/off} <extension>" command and the status is successfully reflected on the phone but the other extensions do see the DND status. I am very much a neewb to asterisk and may be missing some fundamental subscription config, any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Check the post out published on 7/7/13 in the comments at https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13145 as this may contain your answer - I haven't really used a DND toggle line key so don't have direct experience but plenty of people are commenting on the link about similar issues to you and there are fixes on there. Hope this helps.

Pescatore

Reaction score
The issue was with my dial-plan hints, I amended this to reflect the discussion on Jira and the DND is now functioning as desired, thanks all for the help!

thepainter

Reaction score
Rossiv - Anything on this?

Glad to hear it worked. I actually migrated my home PBX to a BeagleBone Black, so I'll probably investigate this now that I know it works.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
thepainter Nope. Didn't look into it any further, though last I looked the original patcher was updating his patch for Asterisk 11. I sold my 7960 and 7970 as I just got tired of having to mess with them.

thepainter

Reaction score
So what did you end up going with? There's been a few times I've even on the verge of giving up myself but 'snarpatroid' keeps pulling me back in. Would definitely not ha e stuck with it for so long, In the end I'm too invested to give up.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Those phones were extras for me. My main phones now are a Snom 870 and Mitel 5340.

Reaction score
thepainter guilty as charged haha! If you're thinking about migrating to the Beaglebone it's fairly easy to do if you want to keep the features of the presence patch. Simply install whatever flavour of Incredible PBX that's available for this device, then ensure your version of Asterisk is in line with one JIRA is patching (11.9.0 is the latest patch). Follow my patching guide in the resources section and make the appropriate adjustments for this particular release.

Then when you have the right version of Asterisk installed this way, you can then install the JIRA patch again following my guide in resources. There are a couple of new features since I wrote the guide, including enhancements made in conference calling and the softkey allocation for in-call recording.

Saying all this, you can do exactly the same on the Pi by installing Incredible Pi, upgrading the version of Asterisk then patching all as I have detailed in the guide. Sure, the Pi is a little less powerful than the Beaglebone but for a SOHO environment I am happy to go with the Pi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.