Admin Page Not Loading - PBX is Working...

boilermanc

Reaction score
I am running the latest purple VM version with Incredible PBX. I have had it up and running installed the AvantFax yesterday.

Now, I can open and log into the admin but when it try to load the actual main page (menu.php?id=admin) I get a time out error. It loads the header but not the body. The PBX is up and running just fine. Calls go and come. Just cannot get into the Admin. Tried to access the AvantFax and it does the same thing.

Hopefully an easy fix.

thanks!

boilermanc

Reaction score
Hi Randy, thanks for the quick response. Neither of those links work for me.

I have all green on my status page.

You will have to help me with checking httpd and the permissions, sorry, not a Linux guy :-(

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
Based upon your further description, it sounds like you have console access to the PBX.

Given the fact that status is "all green", this is probably a fail2ban/firewall issue.

First, run:
Code:
iptables -L -v -n
You should have something that looks similar to this:
Code:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 67M packets, 5138M bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         
  67M 5138M fail2ban-ASTERISK  all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 114M packets, 149G bytes)

Chain fail2ban-ASTERISK (1 references)
    0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       218.45.21.113        0.0.0.0/0           
    0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       108.59.1.5           0.0.0.0/0           
    0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       87.230.85.158        0.0.0.0/0           
  67M 5138M RETURN     all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
Post it. Also, what is your LAN subnet address? This will help us determine if your LAN is possibly being blocked. We can make exceptions in fail2ban for that.

Lastly, at the console, temporarily disable iptables (firewall).

Code:
service iptables stop
See if you can get in now.

boilermanc

Reaction score
Hi Randy, ran the first command and yes, I do get that printout. I am running in VMPlayer and cannot for the life of me figure out how to copy it.

I ran the second command and it ran fine. Tried to get in and still no luck. Same issue, I can enter my password and get to the page with the header but the main admin page will not load.

ip is 192.168.0.49
subnet 255.255.255.0
default .01

hope that helps.

thanks!
Clint

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
You didn't post the output of iptables -L -v -n . Without that info, there's not much to go on. While you're at it, post the output of status, also. As you're running this in a VM, there may be other issues with networking. If the host system is Windows, have you rebooted? Is the Windows firewall enabled? This is where being as detailed as possible really helps

The only other thing you can try is restarting httpd. At the console, run

Code:
 service httpd restart
I doubt that it will do anything different, however.

boilermanc

Reaction score
Hi Randy, that didn't work either.

I am trying to figure out how to copy from VMWare. It's not too easy to install the tools as is documented in their website. I will post when/if I can figure that out.

thanks for your help!

rjdalejr

Reaction score
Hi Randy, that didn't work either.

I am trying to figure out how to copy from VMWare. It's not too easy to install the tools as is documented in their website. I will post when/if I can figure that out.

thanks for your help!

I've seen this in the past and this fixed it for me:

Code:
chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/lib/php/session/
service httpd restart

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
I haven't seen that one in a VERY long time! :) Actually, I'd completely forgotten about it... This used to happen on another distribution, but I've never seen it happen with PBXIAF. Definitely worth looking at, boilermanc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.