FOOD FOR THOUGHT OSS Endpoint manager

ccwtech

Reaction score
Just switched from PIAF to Incredible PBX and Ubuntu 14

Was using the Commercial Endpoint Manager but now looking at the OSS Endpoint manager.

Are Polycom VVX 300's not supported?

Alternatively, can the commercial endpoint manager be installed on IncrediblePBX with Ubuntu. I think I saw another thread that said that the Commercial Admin Module could not be.

Last edited:

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
THe commercial EPM only works with RPM based distro's (CentOS, Redhat, Scientific) as far as I know, so it will not work with the Ubuntu version of IPBX. The OSS EPM hasn't had any new configurations added in a long time, so you'll probably need to make your own to use it with EPM. Having said that it's not very hard to copy what's already there for the other Polycom's and just look at what's different on the VVX (it isn't all that different IIRC).

ccwtech

Reaction score
Is OSS EPM pretty much a dead project then? The VVX 300's are pretty popular and have been out for a while.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Fairly, since the developer who wrote it started working for Schmooze, I assume to do the commercial EPM, OSS EPM activity dropped off.

ccwtech

Reaction score
That stinks... been using Commercial EPM right now, converted to incredible and ubuntu... guess I need to take a step backwards if I want the EPM.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I think we need to get a group of people to revive the OSS EPM. It's a decent little project and I question how much work it takes to add the new devices. The latest new phone that is supported on there is the Yealink T46, and I have plans to add the Grandstream GXP2140/60 models when I have time to play with it (or hire someone in India :). I wonder if you could use the files from your commercial EPM to help you create the needed file for the OSS EPM ??

I've recently setup OSS EPM on Incredible and it does work.

ccwtech

Reaction score
Either that or get the commercial EPM to work on Incredible and Ubuntu (if that is the direction things are going).

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Pretty sure Ubuntu is just a flavor for those that choose it. Centos and Scientific I think are going to remain the mainstream and should support the commercial EPM (or I mean the EPM should support the Centos and Scientific).

ccwtech

Reaction score
Ahh, got it. Well at any rate would love to see it developed once again.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
would love to see it developed once again.

I agree, and if I can get enough time, or find an Indian that will do it for cheap, I'll resurrect it and have it posted. Really its a great app that has basically gone to the ether because the only person working on it went Sangoma and is really a conflict of interest for him to further the open sourced one ?? I don't think it would take a lot, as the program works, just a need for the updated profiles of the different new makes of phones for the most part.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I agree I'd like to see it. I'll help fund an Indian/Pakistani/Russian etc if desired. Perhaps a crowd sourced / gofundme is in order. I simply don't have the skills or time to help with this type of issue.

I do have some Yealink W52P's needing an EPM, and a couple VVX's I used the commercial module for . . .

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I'd be glad to chip in. I'd like to see the latest Yealinks (including the W52), and Grandstreams latest offerings on there (really the 2 manufacturers I've been using). Think we just need someone that can do the JSON files and get the latest scripts from the devices we want.

voip_user

Reaction score
How much do we think this would cost? I could donate a few bucks to the cause.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'll wander over to freelancer.com and post the project and let's see.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Well, I'll wander over to freelancer.com and post the project and let's see.

Post the link to the OSS site so that they can look at it ahead of time and make an educated theory on getting the work done. To understand that at current - we're happy with the program, just want additional devices, and we could give them the actual codes for that or they can grab them from the phone manufacturer's site. If you find someone you like to do it, post what the cost is and let's all chip in and get that project back to being current.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I did just that, suggesting they would need to go to the manufacturers site as I find these freelancer guys need so much handholding if you don't line it up for them that it's less work to do it yourself. By making it clear they're responsible for the end result on their own it should need less intervention.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As the Schmoozers would probably tell you, the major hurdle is getting one of each phone to test.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that is the challenge, but we'll just start with what we have already; I have the Yealink W52P and a VVX 400.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Yes, that is the challenge, but we'll just start with what we have already; I have the Yealink W52P and a VVX 400.

And I've got Yealink T46, T46 with sidecar, GXP2140, and GXP2160. I'm sure those with the interest or requirement will jump up as well. I think it can be programmed without programmer needing the device on site, then pass along for us to test. Schmooze gonna be pissed if we pull this off I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.