QUESTION Twilio SIP Trunking?

JayG30

Reaction score
So, the other day I was looking at Twilio and say they offer SIP Trunking. I did not know this.
I'm curious if anyone else uses it and how the stability and quality is. I was looking at flowroute as a comparison. The prices seem pretty darn good to me as well.

https://www.twilio.com/sip-trunking/pricing

Termination: $0.007
Origination: $0.0045
$1/DID

jpe

Reaction score
I've been using them for a while now.
Have not had one issue with them at all.

billsimon

Reaction score
An associate of mine moved all his service to Twilio and is happy. I have been using their trial plan for testing (one free DID, unlimited minutes) and intend to move some services to them.

Max Power

Reaction score
Been using them for quite a while on a fairly large scale. Had an issue with 2 DID's stop receiving SMS. Everything else has been very reliable.

Also check out Plivo

JayG30

Reaction score
Does twilio provide CNAM on outbound?

EDIT: I have a ticket into them about this, but it appears they don't really.
https://www.twilio.com/help/faq/voice/can-i-display-a-business-name-or-custom-text-as-my-caller-id
This is rather important. If you port your numbers to them, you don't have CNAM. If you try to use their workaround you will make more problems for yourself as people you call will most likely try to call you back on the "verified" number that you are sending that has CNAM which wouldn't be associated with your Twilio account. So inbound would end up coming through a provider that you might not have sufficient capacity or might end up costing more.

If this is the case I can only really see using Twilio as a backup trunking provider.

Last edited:

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
So, the other day I was looking at Twilio and say they offer SIP Trunking. I did not know this.
I'm curious if anyone else uses it and how the stability and quality is. I was looking at flowroute as a comparison. The prices seem pretty darn good to me as well.

https://www.twilio.com/sip-trunking/pricing

Termination: $0.007
Origination: $0.0045
$1/DID
I use twillo for unusual dids I cannot get anywhere else. For example, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada. They blow away rates of anybody else for these locations.

Stability is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.