NO JOY centos 7 minimal install, lid closed suspends system

ariban

Reaction score
Hi,
I followed this http://nerdvittles.com/?p=13599 to the letter and everything works great!
however the laptop that i installed it on, when i close the lid the laptop goes to sleep!
how can i remove the sleep function and all power items that it should always remain on! even if the laptop is idle for many hours (havent gotten that far yet to test if after a few hours the laptop will shut down for being idle)

thank you
Ben

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
@ariban That's probably the default option (and may be the only option) for the laptop that you've chosen for your installation. You'll have to examine the BIOS settings for power-related options to determine if there's anything remotely related to closing the lid of the computer. There are a significant number of laptops that don't allow remaining powered when the lid is closed. YMMV.

/Pete./

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
Look in the BIOS or check for support from the manufacturer.

edit: Ninja-d!

ariban

Reaction score
i see, thank you. i will search in the bios settings! thank you for your help. happy thanksgiving!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.