SOLVED OBI dial plan

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
(@rossiv and others) There are many advocates of the OBI devices on this forum and so, my question is for you:

I've recently installed an OBi200 to serve a single analog extension in an IncrediblePBX13-2 system. Most of the OBi200 features have been disabled (no Google Voice,only a single Registration Server, etc.)

I've revised the dial plan to not use the star codes available in the OBi - permitting the *and # to be sentdirectly to the PBX rather than be processed by the OBi at all.

The difficulty seems to come in modifying the dial plan for local phone numbers. Phones in Area Code 650 permit 7-digit or 10-digit (1+AreaCode+7Digits) dialing for any 650 number. Of course, calls outside of 650 requires 1+AreaCode+7Digitnumber.

The user is complaining of difficulty in completing dialed calls - after just a few digits dialed, a "Can't complete the call as dialed" recording that interrupts the outbound call from the analog phone.

The dial plan currently in place looks like this:
Code:
(911S0|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|011xx.S2|xx.S2|xS2|xxS2|*X.S2|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
DIDs in the system are from Vitelity (which requires 1+10digits). The dial plan in the outbound routes recognize the 7- or 10-digits dialed and inserts "1+650" if a seven-digit number has been dialed, or inserts "1" if the number is dialed as ten digits (without the leading "1").

I didn't find the tutorial for the dial plan feature from OBIHAI particularly easy to follow. So the problem may be between my ears in understanding the design of the dial plan.

The dial plan must permit dialing other 3-digit local extension numbers and accessing voicemail (#97 for the extension) - that seems to be working OK. The problem is for dialing local and 10-digit calls. What have I done wrong in this dial plan?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

/Pete./

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Set the OBi's DigitMap to:

([x*][x*].)

and do all your manipulation in Asterisk.

Wow! It's that simple? Thanks!

I was trying to make it much more complicated, I guess. Will have to give it a shot.

/Pete./

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
yeah, if you have a PBX that you're routing through, you don't need the phone (or ATA, in this case) to be "smart" -- just pass it up to the PBX and let the PBX figure it out. This has the advantage of working with pretty much anything, instead of having to figure out different combinations for different types of endpoints.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
For sure, I was overthinking the issue with the OBI. The simple simply works!

Thanks guys!

/Pete./

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.