TIPS Vmobile Voice Mail access * #

Hometech

Reaction score
Any one know how do I set up the voice mail? on Vitelity Vmobile I have it enabled but..... how to set it up so the phone can get to it? If you long press "1" in goes to some 303 area code number not to asterisk mail box. I tried 0*97 but it just disconnects I think it dials 097 and drops the *

I have Wards digit fix in place with leading "0"
Is there a way to modify Wards fix to accept * star and # pound digits not just 0-9

Currently it is:
Code:
exten => _0XXX,1,Answer
exten => _0XXX,n,Wait(1)
exten => _0XXX,n,Set(NUM2CALL=${CALLERID(dnid):1})
exten => _0XXX,n,Dial(sip/${NUM2CALL})
exten => _0XXX,n,Dial(local/${NUM2CALL}@from-internal)
exten => _0XXX,n,Hangup

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Add a Misc Application with a traditional extension number for your voicemail access...

BpXy3ilIUAAenaO.jpg:large

Hometech

Reaction score
Thanks Ward that worked to get me into the voice mail from vMobile phone.
I just need to press * once the greeting begins to play so it stops and then enter mailbox password to retrieve left messages.

The only thing not working in the vMobile is the message waiting indicator.
I have not found a way to have asterisk tell the vMobile phone that it has voice mail messages waiting.
Oh well I will keep working with it If I get it I will post back.

Jake

Reaction score
Thanks Ward that worked to get me into the voice mail from vMobile phone.
I just need to press * once the greeting begins to play so it stops and then enter mailbox password to retrieve left messages.

The only thing not working in the vMobile is the message waiting indicator.
I have not found a way to have asterisk tell the vMobile phone that it has voice mail messages waiting.
Oh well I will keep working with it If I get it I will post back.

Were you able to get MWI working for vMobile?

Hometech

Reaction score
No never Did. Does not seem to be a way to access it must be a carrier setting only.

Jake

Reaction score
Oh well. I'm having an email sent to me each time a VM is left. I would however like to get the "pager" email notification working again in Asterisk so if I'm not connected to the internet it will still notify me.

Hometech

Reaction score
That is what I do as well. If you are talking about sending a text message to the Vmobile through email I was not able to do that either. can send from a mobile phone but not from email. I am not sure what the suffix is xxx-xxx-xxxx@??????

Jake

Reaction score
I asked vMobile about an email to sms gateway and they said do not have one at the moment but they may add one in the future.

Hometech

Reaction score
Lets hope they do that.
OK here is another issue to ponder...If you have one of the new cars that have MS Sync and connect with bluetooth. If you get a text message to your voip number it will not show up on the car's LCD display nor will you be notified. It will stay in the phone for you to read it and the notify light on the phone comes on. I believe that also if you try to send a text message from the car's LCD screen it goes out but with the from number that was originally sent with the phone not your voip number. Now if you get a text message to the original Number shipped in the Vmobile phone it will notify and display on the car's LCD screen.

Outside of the car's sync I can send and receive text messages to other mobile phones and when sent they are from my Voip number....so figure that one out.

Jake

Reaction score
I don't have a new car :(
I ported in a number to Vitelity to be my vMobile primary number and had them remove the number that shipped with the phone.
I've noticed however strange things with SMS. Like sometimes I don't receive them if I'm not on wifi. I'm trying to find a pattern like if I send an SMS on wifi it don't receive the reply until I'm back on wifi. I'll have to watch it closer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.