SOLVED AvantFax GUI 404

mdiorio

Reaction score
Hi there - first time jumping back into Asterisk, etc. in about 4 years.

Clean install of Incredible PBX 13-12.2-Centos on Centos 6.5

Setup of IncrediblePBX went very smoothly - I can connect to it using a soft phone and the demo's work great. I connected my GVoice account without any problems.

My problem is that I installed IncredibleFax11, which seems to have installed successfully - I didn't see any errors. However after a reboot, the AvantFax GUI in IncrediblePBX Admin portal gives a 404 error.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

mdiorio

Reaction score
After additional digging - no log files found, so had to go through setup again even though not recommended, the script throws a ton of errors. Seems like the script doesn't create an installation log file either. Good thing I was using Putty with a large buffer. Found this error in particular:

./incrediblefax11.sh: line 261: cd: avantfax-3.3.3: No such file or directory. <--- Current version downloaded with the script is 3.3.4, so hard coded 3.3.3 is failing.

Updated references to 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 and everything appears to finish successfully. At least the GUI is there and I can log in now. Might not be able to test until Tuesday when I get back to work with a fax machine.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
mdiorio: What's the file stamp on incrediblefax11.sh? Should be Aug 27 so the following command should execute properly:
Code:
wget -O avantfax-3.3.3.tgz http://sourceforge.net/projects/avantfax/files/latest/download?source=typ_redirect#

mdiorio

Reaction score
Hi Ward - The original file was downloaded as part of :
Sep 2. 11:10 incrediblepbx13-12.2-centos.tar.gz

Try unpacking the link you provided above. It unpacks to avantfax-3.3.4/

Which makes all your hard coded references to 3.3.3 fail.

Just because you're telling it to save with a 3.3.3 filename doesn't mean the contents of the zip will extract to a 3.3.3 file name. You're requesting the most recent version from sourceforge which is 3.3.4 and that's what downloads.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hi Ward - The original file was downloaded as part of :
Sep 2. 11:10 incrediblepbx13-12.2-centos.tar.gz

Try unpacking the link you provided above. It unpacks to avantfax-3.3.4/

Which makes all your hard coded references to 3.3.3 fail.

Just because you're telling it to save with a 3.3.3 filename doesn't mean the contents of the zip will extract to a 3.3.3 file name. You're requesting the most recent version from sourceforge which is 3.3.4 and that's what downloads.

Learn something every day. All of the installers have been updated. Thanks for the lesson. :clap:

mdiorio

Reaction score
Always learning. Thanks for the great build though - super easy to get up and running. Now if only there was a way to do SCCP easily out of the box - I'd be a happy camper.

miguel

Reaction score
I get everything right but when I try to get to avantfax from the gui it tells me that there is a problem or no database what can I do to fix this? Best regards

miguel

Reaction score
Can someone please help? Do I need to reinstall? What do I need?

miguel

Reaction score
The AvantFAX database is DOWN. Check your database settings in local_config.php.

miguel

Reaction score
Hi ward thank you for your answer I have done this but no luck, do I have to reisntall the pbx?

miguel

Reaction score
WhenI try to reinstallI get cannot terminate xxxx process,

miguel

Reaction score
I also does not ask me for the area code so what can I do to fix this? help me please.

miguel

Reaction score
/root deleted incrediblefax11 and downloaded it again run the installer and run into the problem above cant configure are code, how to get this working?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.