TIPS KennonSoft UI admin password reset

Gibran27703

Reaction score
Greetings all -

Any idea how to change the KennonSoft UI admin password from the command line? I can't recall what I set it to, and now I can't get to it admin section.

Thank you,

Nabil

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
/etc/pbx/welcomepass

is the file where it is stored - might try renaming it to something else and then Shift-reload the menu page

Gibran27703

Reaction score
No joy:confused5:

I changed the password and tried, no good. I even removed the password completely, still no good.

any thoughts?

Thanks,

Nabil

/etc/pbx/welcomepass

is the file where it is stored - might try renaming it to something else and then Shift-reload the menu page

wa4zlw

Reaction score
my one system didn't have it so I created it with the same pass that's in the other system I have and reloaded the page and still zip. How does one change this password or modify it since it is encrypted?

Thanks

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I found it! I actually locked myself out...
/var/www/html/welcome/.htindex.dat
First line:
Code:
users,PaSsWoRd,http://pb...
and change the password where obvious.

m2sdad71

Reaction score
I found it! I actually locked myself out...
/var/www/html/welcome/.htindex.dat
First line:
Code:
users,PaSsWoRd,http://pb...
and change the password where obvious.

That worked. Thanks!

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
I hate to resurrect a looooooong dead thread but the Kennonsoft menu on my new Incredible GUI for Asterisk 13 FPBX 12 locked me out.

I went in to look at something and the normal item list wasn't there there was a password box with dots in it but I never set an admin password for the Menu Configuration but now I am Locked out.

I looked in /etc/pbx/ for welcomepass and it isn't there

I tried my admin password, my root password and anything else I could manage (even tried rossiv's password. Nothing

How the heck do I find the password I never set on a new system that uses new design scheme?

Any help appreciated.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
See rossiv post above. Password goes between the first two commas.

CN-I3IkW8AAakJC.jpg

Also covered in the Password Recovery section of this week's Nerd Vittles tutorial.

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
and where is this variable stored,
Code:
<? echo $uiconfig[1] ?>
because this is between the first two commas. The whole line seems to be missing a lot of data as it looks like:

Code:
users,<? echo $uiconfig[1] ?>,<? echo $uiconfig[2] ?>,false,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

now that I think about it, did't the Kennonsoft menu have a glitch a while back that gui-fix would take care of or am I getting my GUIs mixed up?

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
I copied an old one I had and did get back in, but when I looked at it again I still see php variable names and NOT what I should be seeing.

Being that Google is my friend, I did see the article first but must have skimmed right past it, thinking the menu image would be right above it (skipped by the parenthesis too.

I included the image below:

CN_5FuDWIAAg0an.jpg

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You're mixing and matching code from VERY OLD systems. Build a new Incredible PBX VM and copy over what you need from the current configuration.

You can try the steps below, but I'm not sure it has everything:
Code:
cd /var/www/html
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/kennonsoft.tar.gz
tar zxvf kennonsoft.tar.gz
rm -f kennonsoft.tar.gz

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
I'll try again but I followed the NV 14208? article and its a new build as of last night. I have to run a friend to the airport so I'll tear down again when I get back and let you know.

Just ran your code above and same menuconfig as my image shows. I'll reformat my VPS and try again.

Thanks Mr Mundy

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Huh?? I just unzipped what I sent you to try and it includes. You only need to replace that one file.

CN_JFWSWwAA2uek.jpg

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
virgin install (again) and same issue (same image)

The problem is not the menu itself but under admin swithch you see the Menu Configuration button which takes you to [ip of box or fqdn]/config.php

I see the correct info in the .htindex.dat but when I want to reconfig the menu itself is when I see this issue.

What it tells me is I just wount be able to chhose what to show on the menu for the user other than what is default.

RIght now it's not an issue but eventually I may have many many remote users but some options that would be helpful to my eventual users are password protected 'features so I probably won't use them either.

Thanks for the help but I admit defeat.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
ksDevGuy is the resident whiz kid on everything Kennonsoft. Maybe he will have a tip or two.

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
That code is pretty ancient & long overdue for replacement (just a matter of time!). What you're seeing is certainly strange though. I have recently been testing every release of PBIAF & IncrediblePBX from v2.0.6.5 forward under Oracle VirtualBox and the menu has run perfectly on every install -- so I am wondering what might be different about your install by chance?

mainenotarynet

Reaction score
I have a VPS at HudsonValleyHosts and they use the OpenVZ as their controlling containers.

They use venet0 instead of eth0 but those issues are fixed by the same methods in the WABLE OpenVZ in these forums

My box has 2GB Ram and 100GB storage so these should be fine.

This is the new Incredible GUI for asterisk13-FreePBX12

The menu works fine it is just the MENU CONFIGURATION part that looks screwy.

As I said - I admit defeat and 1 of 2 things will happen for me now.

1- Just don't be able to allow my users access to things I want to add (I have Openfire and SugarCRM I want to add and for users to be able to use AvantFax [That I guess is gone as the installer say Asterisk11 only but it came in the package so....])

2 I just delete the Index.php, index_custom.php, index_cusom1.php, and index_custom2.php and just create my OWN start page (If I knew how to incorporate the RSS feed, I'd have already done it.

I refuse to argue with inanimate objects and loose

Thanks but it's not that important to me. I brought it up as I thought the bug may be in the packages in the installer was pulling old code, and really how many want to change the start menu?

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Ah, yes things have been charging into new waters for some time (last code release was 2008 as reference!) & I think details may be dated enough to cause trouble. Not sure the fix in that scenario as I haven't tested that release yet myself. However, if you want to roll your own static HTML & get the RSS integration - here is the PHP code that accomplishes that very easily:

PHP:
// RSS Feed Fetch & Format
$htmlRSS = "";
$rss =  simplexml_load_file('http://www.something.com/rss.xml');
foreach ($rss->channel->item as $item) {
    $htmlRSS .= '                    <a href="'.$item->link.'" target="_rss">'.$item->title."</a><br/>"."\n";
    $htmlRSS .= $item->description."<br/><br/>"."\n";
}

Then just output the $htmlRSS wherever you want it (e.g. scrolling DIV element).

Dickson

Reaction score
For what its worth, I have the same exact problem (and same screenshot as above). I'm running incrediblePBX13.2 on a HyperV 2012. It showed up in the full automated CD install and when I installed incrediblePBX manually.
I also have " <?=$confno?> " showing up in my Web MeetMe gui in the dialog box where I would enter in my bridge #.

omunni

Guru
Reaction score
Me too. Used Incredible PBX 13 ISO for my build. Clicking Menu configuration gives me the same screenshot as above. Anyone else? Centos and Ubuntu.... Just curious.
Note: Menu configuration on the Incredible PBX GUI for raspberry pi 2 does work as intended.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.