FYI GUI and passwords messed up

isaacl

Reaction score
I had set up a new installation on a Wable VM with the 12 GUI using the instructions here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=13599

I then restored a full FreePBX backup from an older system, and finished configuring everything on the new server.

I just realized that I now have 2 issues:

1. I am now missing the new menu (Kennonsoft?), along with whatever new GUI was supposed to replace the FreePBX GUI, and I seem to be back to the original FreePBX GUI.
Just realizing that I think I may have also rolled back to FreePBX 11 (assuming the default installation gives you FreePBX 12).
2. There is now no password protection on the /admin/ folder, where the main hostname now goes to automatically, so it just opens the FreePBX configuration page directly.

How can I fix both issues?

And if I need to go back and start again, can someone help me with what I need to do to correctly migrate an installation from my old server, running FreePBX 11, to the new server with FreePBX 12?

Thanks a lot!

isaacl

Reaction score
I ended up wiping the VM and starting over with a new installation.
I also went and upgraded the old installation to FreePBX 12.
Question now is, how should I backup and transfer the old configurations, recordings, and voicemail?
Thanks.

isaacl

Reaction score
Went and attempted a restore of only the basics, but I'm still missing part of the Kennesof menu, and the new Incredible GUI.
Any way to fix that?

isaacl

Reaction score
I guess my other option is to copy over the configuration manually, and then copy over the CDRs, voicemails, and recordings, which should preserve the new installation.
Unless there are any better ideas?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
No way to move from the older applications to the new one. Incredible PBX GUI is a complete snapshot of the major components on your server. When you restore an old snapshot, you wipe all of that out. Cut-and-paste is the only way to go. Sorry.

isaacl

Reaction score
Copy and paste it is, thanks Ward.
Guessing that I can still import the CDRs, and manually copy over recordings and voicemails...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.