FYI Trip to Ecuador - DID or other solution.....

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

Initial thoughts were to get 2x local sims to use with a local DID......but cant find local did provider for Ecuador........!
so I thought I would ask here :) .......

Two family members are travelling from UK to Quito in Ecuador (for INAS World Games) and need to be able to use mobiles to
  • call each other in quito (imperative)
  • call back to the uk (important)
  • receive calls from uk (nice to have)
Trip length is short (12 days) but call volume will be couple of hours a day (1hr local, 1hr uk), including lots of short calls.
Internet calling is a possibility except that experience from previous trips is that it is not simple/reliable enough for the intended users.
I am only just starting to investigate, but would be interested if anyone has done this or has experience of Ecuador telecoms etc, ie would a did in another country be cheap from a local sim etc
Ultimately it would be good to find a solution that all team members and their families can use.
many thanks
(BTW - I am geographically challenged regarding countries in Europe let alone South America!)

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I did Ecuador (including Quito and Guayaquil) last November and relied on traditional VoIP and GoogleVoice in conjunction with local Internet hotspots. But, I did not insist on seamless-a-la-Cell connectivity. We did "call you at such-and-such a time, and if you need to call at other times, you'll get VM and I'll pick it up when I can on the fly and call you back as I can..."

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
unfortunately we really do need "seamless-a-la-Cell connectivity" for this trip.

and to make it worse, seems that providers are using dynamic response pages so when I search for ie "DIDs in ecuador" they all return positive until you try and actually order one and discover Ecuador is not in their country list.

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
So company as such https://www.voztovoice.net/index.php/es/our-coverage/Ecuador does not have did in ecuador.

The page looks promising and loads of info about ecuador dids, but the drop down list to buy does not include ecuador...

and the DIDS Number Coverage page does not include Ecuador....

Code:
Algeria    Dominican Republic    Panama
Argentina    El Salvador    Peru
Australia    Estonia    Poland
Austria    Finland    Portugal
Bahrain    Georgia    Puerto Rico
Belgium    Guatemala    Romania
Bolivia    Ireland    Slovakia
Brazil    Israel    Slovenia
Bulgaria    Italy    South Africa
Canada    Japan    Spain
Chile    Latvia    Sweden
Colombia    Liechtenstein    Thailand
Costa Rica    Lithuania    Ukraine
Croatia    Mexico    United Kingdom
Cyprus    Netherlands    United States
Czech Republic    New Zealand    Venezuela
Denmark    Norway

....so what am i missing?

thanx

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
So, given the volcano activity the venues have moved to Guayaquil....but the same issues arise.

However the lack of responses here and in other research suggests there may not be a viable solution - a telecoms black hole!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.