TUTORIAL Help? not getting voicemail via email...

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
New install here - Centos 6.5 with incredible 13...

i've set up a bunch of units, but am having trouble - voicemails aren't getting emailed to the intended address, and the pager email isn't working either..

i've also tried this: echo "test" | mail -s testmessage [email protected]
no luck - am not getting it...

the system works otherwise (phones, all other options, etc)....

where should i look?

This is further complicated slightly by being on an island in the middle of a hurricane (occasional power outages to keep the fun up).. we're setting up some systems to help in a few haitian refugee schools...

any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

rjaiswal

Reaction score
I would use webmin, go to the sendmail section and see if there are any messages stuck in the queue, and then check the root mailbox to see if there are any bounce messages.

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
thx for the thoughts...

We're still building a basic setup.. somewhat complicated by a power failure DURING final phase of setup, corrupting the asterisk.xml, and forcing a full new install...... argg..:mad: funlife on a small island in a hurricane...

started all over again a few hours ago..

I *DID* figure out that in fact, all voicemails WERE in fact being saved (and accessible by the given extensions) - they just weren't being mailed... will hopefully be surprised by this working on the next build..who knows!?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.