TIPS Dialing pattern for calls made in Italy...

Reaction score
Hello:

I have set up an Italian phone number for my family to call Canada and elsewhere during their trip to Italy.

The Dialing Patterns for the outbound route are:
  1. 011.
  2. 1NXXNXXXXXX
My questions are:
  1. What Dialing Pattern(s) do I need to add for them to place calls within Italy, including cell phones.
  2. Does the 'order' of the Dialing Patterns matter?
I found this about Italian phone numbers:

"Italian phone numbers have two parts: area code and phone number. The area code is from two to four digits and begins with a zero, unless it is a cell phone, then it begins with "3". Example area codes: Rome 06, Florence 055, Siena 0577. The phone number is six or seven digits."

Because I am using an Anveo Direct DID, I think that I must 'prepend' 39 to the Italian pattern match(s).

I was thinking that the two patterns should be:
  1. Landline: 0.
  2. cell phone: 3.
But, 0. seems to 'conflict' with 011.

I also found that the Italian area code for the city of Turin is: 011

Any help with this would be appreciated,

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
If you put the outbound routes for International at the top
So
1NXXNXXXXXX

then another one for italy underneath

Then 011 won't match the Italian numbers so it will go onto the second outbound route.

I used to do this for Australia; numbers are 0xXXXXXXXX format, so I sent 011. etc and other north american dialing plan first then if that didn't match sent to the Australian trunk . . . worked fine.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
011XXXXXXXX should match Turin and probably doesn't match any country codes. Almost all country codes are 2 numbers and very few countries have six digit phone numbers . . .

Reaction score
Thanks atsak. :)

Only 4 countries have single digit "country codes":

United States - 1
Canada - 1
Russia - 7
Kazakhstan - 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.