FYI Incredible PBX GUI Bugs/Fixes

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
Ok -- they just make the log VERY huge. The 4 line iax_registrations_custom.conf file shuts that one up.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For Incredible PBX 13-12-CentOS build, there was a bug that may have left your server without an iptables-restart command in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. This may result in IPtables not loading if you have FQDNs enabled because IPtables attempts to start before DNS services are available to resolve FQDNs. Here's the patch:
Code:
if [[ -z "`grep iptables-restart /etc/rc.d/rc.local`" ]]; then sed -i 's|exit 0|/usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart\nexit 0|' /etc/rc.d/rc.local; fi
iptables-restart

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A really ugly but obscure bug with Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 12 using a Google Voice trunk pointed to an IVR: It won't answer the call because DTMF 1 never gets sent to incoming Google call.

Here's the workaround:
  1. Create a Dummy Extension number (e,g, 700). NOTE: The Extension MUST have voicemail enabled.
  2. Create a Misc Application for your IVR and assign a feature code (e.g. the Demo IVR is assigned 3366)
  3. Create an Inbound Route for GV trunk using 10-digit number of trunk
  4. For Destination of Inbound Route for GV trunk, specify the Dummy Extension number from Step #1
  5. Call Flow for Inbound GV Call: Inbound Route DID -> Ext. 700 -> Forwarded to 3366 -> Demo IVR Successfully Answers

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you run into problems selecting various repositories in Module Admin, the fix is to unistall the Digium Phones module:
Code:
amportal a ma uninstall digium_phones
gui-fix

The specific error is "error: did not receive valid response from server"

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Raspberry Pi 2 version 11-12.02 FAX Bug Fix to remove extra faxgetty startups:

Code:
sed -i '/faxgetty/d' /etc/rc.local
sed -i '/iptables-restart/d' /etc/rc.local
sed -i 's|exit 0|/usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart\nexit 0|' /etc/rc.local
sed -i 's|t0:23|#t0:23|' /etc/inittab
sed -i 's|t1:23|#t1:23|' /etc/inittab
sed -i 's|t2:23|#t2:23|' /etc/inittab
sed -i 's|t3:23|#t3:23|' /etc/inittab
reboot

wa4zlw

Reaction score
is this necessary in the same centos or ubuntu builds?

leon

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug, but I have rebuilt 4 systems, all on DO, Ubuntu 14.04 64bit, Incredible 13.0.02 and all 4 of them exhibit the same behavior. In the CDRs I used to just see one record for an inbound call, that it hit the ring group and then where it ended up. Now I am seeing a separate, but identical entry for as many extensions as are in the ring group. This is really bloating the CDRs.

I did not see this happening in Incredible 11.

compuguy1088

Reaction score
Just spun up a new build on CentOS 6.5 and Incredible 11. I'm getting the Kennonsoft menu now when I wasn't before. The issue I have with that is that I can no longer get to the pbx.url/recordings page without a login prompt that requires "admin"/"password" to get to the actual extension login. Is there a way to change the username from admin to something else and change the password from password to something else? Or is there a way to disable that login pop up altogether?

I actually have a different issue...since ARI has be depreciated...Is there anyway to have pbx/recordings go to the User Control Panel instead (since that is the replacement for ARI)?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Bad idea to disable the Apache authentication. You can add user accounts as desired and use/save them when logging in. See any of the NV tutorials for details or...

Code:
Create admin password for web apps: htpasswd -b /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd someuser someuserPW

compuguy1088

Reaction score
Bad idea to disable the Apache authentication. You can add user accounts as desired and use/save them when logging in. See any of the NV tutorials for details or...

Code:
Create admin password for web apps: htpasswd -b /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd someuser someuserPW

I'm not, I'm using User Control panel's built in authentication instead of ARI (which isn't even installed on my PBX).

Edit: I should also mention that my PBX seems to continually on login try to install Fix/Update 718, even though it applies successfully.....

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
All web apps use Apache authentication. Repeats of update718 are intended.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Due to some syntax changes in later versions of Asterisk, we have updated the SpeedDial Utility for AsteriDex. This will be added to the default installs shortly. No harm in applying the patch again.

To use the updated version, populate AsteriDex records with 3-5 digit dialcodes. Then dial 000 + the AsteriDex dialcode to place a call. The number in the dial field of the matching AsteriDex entry will be called using your default dialplan. Internal calls are attempted first. If that fails, the call will be placed using your default outbound dialing rules with outbound-allroutes.

To apply the patch, log into your server as root and...
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/update-speeddial.tar.gz
tar zxvf update-speeddial.tar.gz
rm -f update-speeddial.tar.gz
./update-speeddial

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those using Speech Recognition, a bug crept into the new Incredible PBX 11 and 13 builds. From the command prompt, run: yum install sox

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you're seeing "unable to find IncrediblePBX.local" errors in the Asterisk CLI, here's the fix. Add IncrediblePBX.local to the 127.0.x.x line in /etc/hosts AND reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.