DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
It worked for me. Build new CloudPro Debain machine and converted to Arch just fine. Now what do I do with the machine? LoL

my biggest issue is that asterisk fails to compile with gcc5, which is what archlinux currently uses, there are freepbx and asterisk-gui packages in the aur repository... if asterisk compiled then making archlinux a viable option would be my next venture.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
let me know if they get back to you, if you move to CloudPro you will lose 1GB of your ssd storage, as they dont give out 11GB partitions with CloudPro.

I have 2GB ssd storage they will not give me back.

Thanks. They did get back to me. The response was this:

"If you want to Re-image the server, click on Modify then Migrate to CloudPro, I took a look to the picture and it is down bellow, once you do that the server will become a CloudPro and you will be able to create a new server with a different OS"

Can't say that I had ever heard that modifying a C-a-C server -requires- moving to CloudPro...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Looks like they are forcing everyone to the CloudPro platform as quickly as they can.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
wardmundy, yup; so it seems.

I protested, and got this response:

"regarding installing a new OS, I am afraid using CloudPro is the only way we have so far, however I recommend you this method as it seems pretty popular by customers..."​

hecatae, with regard to the "missing gigabytes" I also posed that question, and the response was this (I appear to be an invited guinea pig):

"Regarding losing GB that is not accurate as we have thousands of customers and this is the first time I am reading this, when you move to CloudPro you are able to create your own server or servers assigning them how much SDD, memory or Ram they will use, please try and let us know thanks"​

And finally, with regard to my protestations that in order to move to CloudPro as a mandatory prerequisite to the simple task of re-imaging my Developer 1 server I'd need to kill that highly-customized and working server with no ability to properly image it and restore it (as one can to trivially with Digital Ocean), the response was this:

"the company is working in a feature for back up servers as this is a question that we receive everyday, there are clients who seems to have a program by their own, they have been able to back up their information"​

With respect to backing up the server, I asked that question in this forum a while back but my question didn't produce a workable solution. Can't unmount the virtual drive and then access it externally, and any solution within C-a-C would seem to require additional purchasing additional storage resources -- something I am now hardly inclined to do.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
so, at present I cannot ssh into any of my instances, not that I'm bothered as fusionpbx is running fine on ubuntu 12.04.5, and I can access the port 443 and 80, so either cloudatcost is being ddos on ssh ports or something is broken.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
okay, on any cloudatcost server run either ifconfig or ip addr show.

look at the ipv6 address you have been given, if it's starts fe80: it's only valid on the local network... it's not suitable for public internet.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm slooooowly dabbling with moving things to v6, and probably would not have realized this tidbit.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
While we're not particularly a fan of CloudAtCost, we did want to alert you to this one-day sale. Today only you can purchase the CloudPro 6 package for 90% off which makes it $112 with coupon code: TAKE90.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a Pro 2 for 70% off. Our horrible CDN dollar makes that $112 around $160.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I got:

Cloud At Cost System Message:

01/15/2016 08:44 AM

We are doing a CloudatCost 90% off Sale.

Coupon Code: TAKE90

Discount: 90%

Servers: CloudPro 6

Billing: OneTime

Coupon Code: TAKE80

Discount: 80%

Servers: CloudPro 4, CloudPro 5

Coupon Code: TAKE70

Discount: 70%

Servers: CloudPro 1, CloudPro 2, CloudPro 3

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I've succumbed to too many Developer 1 deals. Got my last for $7/"lifetime". Cheap way to add another processor, another 10GB, another 512RAM to CloudPro resources. I'm up to 4 Dev1 equivalents now...

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I've succumbed to too many Developer 1 deals. Got my last for $7/"lifetime". Cheap way to add another processor, another 10GB, another 512RAM to CloudPro resources. I'm up to 4 Dev1 equivalents now...

Same here, 2 dev 1 and 1 dev 2, gives me 42gb ssd, 4 cpus and 2gb ram, plus unlimited bandwidth.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
...plus unlimited bandwidth.

Such as it is. :dots:

12 hours and counting...

CY1zTJsWwAAku_B.jpg

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Such as it is. :dots:

12 hours and counting...

CY1zTJsWwAAku_B.jpg

Alas mine are down and have been for 3 days.... so much for this deal waste of money and time. Repeated emails nothing...... useless POS

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqSYSTEM INFORMATIONqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
x Asterisk = ONLINE | Dahdi = ONLINE | MySQL = ONLINE x
x SSH = ONLINE | Apache = ONLINE | Iptables = ONLINE x
x Fail2ban = ONLINE | Internet = ONLINE | Ip6Tables = ONLINE x
x Disk Free = ADEQUATE| Mem Free = ADEQUATE| NTPD = ONLINE x
x SendMail = ONLINE | Samba = OFFLINE | Webmin = ONLINE x
x Ethernet0 = ONLINE | Ethernet1 = N/A | Wlan0 = N/A x
x x
x PIAF Installed Version = 3.0.6.7 under *VMWARE* x
x FreePBX Version = 13.0.49 1 x
x Running Asterisk Version = 11.6-cert9 x
x Asterisk Source Version = 11.6-cert9 x
x Dahdi Source Version = 2.10.0.1 x
x Libpri Source Version = 1.4.15 x
x IP Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on eth0 x
x Operating System = CentOS release 6.7 (Final) >< x
x Kernel Version = 2.6.32-573.12.1.el6.x86_64 - 64 Bit x
x x
mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj

First one is up and running, on to the next install

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Wow; sorry @wardmundy and @darmock! Bleah.

I've noticed that server creation blows when, and shortly after, they have one of these deals.

The servers I have up and running are seemingly fine...

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Same here, 2 dev 1 and 1 dev 2, gives me 42gb ssd, 4 cpus and 2gb ram, plus unlimited bandwidth.

... But 2 GB that you cannot use, eh? :2guns:

I'm in exactly the same boat.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Wow; sorry @wardmundy and @darmock! Bleah.

I've noticed that server creation blows when, and shortly after, they have one of these deals.

The servers I have up and running are seemingly fine...

Yep. If they'd stop having deals, I think things would settle down... but that's clearly not their business model. Like you, I rarely see a problem with servers that are up and running. But building new ones gets painful for a while.............................................................................

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Also when I create a new server. (which only took 2 days) All is well except I can't log in as I have no idea what the password is! Don't even have a confirmation email that the new server is up. So much for the big dog package.... Every time I used to create a server it would send me an email with the success notice, the IP address, and the user/password..... unless on linux they have gone to a default password....... POS

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Well just this minute I went to look at things and they said they are doing data center maintenance when I clicked on the console to try some default passwords..... Hmmmmm maybe the one tech they have who is located in the antarctic connecting via a 1200 baud modem from a kaypro CPM computer is actually getting work done...... Exciting..... hopefully this time next year..........

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.