TIPS Best endpoint for Asterisk/CRM integration

sidcam

Reaction score
Newbie question.

I own a small U.S.-based real estate sales brokerage (currently under 5 users). It's time to add "real" desktop business phones to our office (as opposed to just relying on cell phones).

This year we're rolling out a new CRM (probably a fork of Sugar Community called SuiteCRM). Longterm I'd love to integrate the CRM with Asterisk/FreePBX (click to call, call logging, etc).

I own no endpoints yet. So the question I have is are there any specific endpoint features I should be considering when I select my phones that will aid in the CRM integration? Or does it matter?

I'm also planning on not having assigned desk space- so users will need to log into their phones before using them. I'm guessing that's a pretty standard thing, but I thought I should mention it.

From what I'm seeing online, I'm drawn to the color screens of the Yealink T46 and T48. If I go with Yealink I could also see 1-2 W52's in the eventual mix. However I'm open to advice and suggestions.

Will probably avoid the Android endpoints. I've seen how fast the browsers on my smart TV's become worthless and the users already have plenty of screens that support browsers.

chris_c_

Reaction score
When you deploy SuiteCRM I recommend you get the Callinize add-on module from the SugarOutfitters module market for intelligent live recognition of callers with Asterisk check it out it's awesome.
And my personal pick for desk phones would be ones with video calling because video calls make a huge impact thru asterisk.

dbayer

Reaction score
Now that Aastra has been wholly consumed by Mitel what is the equivalent version of the Aastra 57i? Also is it still just as easy to provision?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yealink runs circles around the old Aastra's which have a cheap feel and terrible support. Yealink is excellent

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I like the Yealink T4x phones, but also the Grandstream GXP2140/60/70 have some decent feature sets also. This includes a click to dial option in the firmware in addition to their newer GS Affinity the includes a desktop app to interface with the phone for better call management.

Elizabeth Moore

Reaction score
Hi, SidCam. A friend of mine who works as a Tech Engineer at a call center near our area suggested to use a CTI solution called Tenfold. We're a small call center as well, and getting those features you mentioned would come in pretty handy. We're planning to use Tenfold since it offers a wide range of integration plus the features they offer can help us boost our productivity. What do you plan on using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.