TIPS How to setup Anveo 911 with multiple locations?

marlur6

Reaction score
How do I setup up Anveo 911? I have three locations registering to my PBX. I am also open to any possible alternatives for 911. Thanks

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I use bulkvs.com e911 service and use the Caller ID to decide where the service address is for 911.

marlur6

Reaction score
I use bulkvs.com e911 service and use the Caller ID to decide where the service address is for 911.

Thanks I'll check them out. Two of my locations share the same DID. What do I do about that?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks I'll check them out. Two of my locations share the same DID. What do I do about that?

First thought - Get a second DID for the second location? DIDs are cheap with most providers - like <$2/month.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score

Get a second DID and setup an emergency route with forced Caller ID to the second DID which is registered to the second address, like rossiv said.

marlur6

Reaction score
Get a second DID and setup an emergency route with forced Caller ID to the second DID which is registered to the second address, like rossiv said.
I need some help with settings for the bulkvs 911 trunk. Thanks

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
host=sip.bulk911.com
type=peer
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,g729
qualify=yes

marlur6

Reaction score
Have you configured an outbound route specifically for your 911 calls that utilizes this route/service?

Yes but who knows if I got it right. I am still pretty new to PIAF. Let me explain in more detail what I did so far.

I signed up for a Bulkvs account. I added fund to the account. I added my 11 digit TN and address to the E911 database. I put my PBX IP in Sip Host. Then in PIAF I have my 11 digit TN in Emergency CID in the extension. I made a trunk labeled BulkVS. See screen shot. I made an outbound route for 911 and 922. See screen shot. When I dial 922 it says "All curciuts are busy now. Please try again later." I have trunks set up for Anveo Direct and Voip.ms with an outbound route setup for regular calls and that is working fine.911Route.PNGBulkvs Trunk.PNG

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Is the outbound route at the top of the list of the various outbound routes you have?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
OK post a log of the call - sanitize it for Ip information first. If you're sending valid CID it sounds like you have it setup properly, so something is missing. /var/log/asterisk/full is the log with the call in it.

marlur6

Reaction score
OK post a log of the call - sanitize it for Ip information first. If you're sending valid CID it sounds like you have it setup properly, so something is missing. /var/log/asterisk/full is the log with the call in it.
Problem solved. It had nothing to do with PIAF settings. I decided to call bulkvs. They did something and now it works when I dial 922. Thanks for all the input. Is there a way to change the title of this thread since it is more about bulkvs than Anveo?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.