SOLVED Registration from '<sip:710@...>' failed

agibson

Reaction score
[2015-07-30 16:16:43] NOTICE[2310] chan_sip.c: Registration from '<sip:[email protected].10>' failed for 'x.x.x.11:5060' - Wrong password

Over the years this problem has popped up multiple times. I have tried each of the suggestions that I came across as best as possible, but still not working.

I have a fresh install of the Virtual Box image of PIAF. (Thanks Ward,
60 Seconds to Real Independence: Incredible PBX GUI Comes to VirtualBox )

I have added the IPs by way of "/root/add-ip" for the softphone x.x.x.92 and the Polycom x.x.x.11

The 701 extension works fine, with password that I changed in the GUI and on the softphone from x.x.x.92
I tried a few options and they talked back to me. I tried calling 710, but 710 not registered.

The 710 extension has problems. It is a physical phone. Polycom 501. I have set the GUI password just like the above extension 701. I have tried letting the phone download the settings and setting the phone password my self. I have factory reset the Polycom and then set the password and let it be downloaded.
Something so simple yet so hard. I know it works, because this is a popular phone that has been used over and over by many people and still more in the future.

I added the part of adding the IPs, just incase that was causing the PIAF and Polycom to not work together.
Can anybody give me some insight as to over looked settings or configurations?
Thanks to those that respond.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Hi The GUI only shows part of the password which is randomised, I think about 32 characters long. You can use the webmin/Others/FileManager change to /etc/asterisk directory by clicking the folders. Click the Find button (along the top) and search for text "710" or whatever extension. The search box will list files with that text. The 710 extension will probably be in /etc/Asterisk/extensions_additional.conf. Use Find in that file to get to [710] - look down the list to find secret=*******************************
Copy the secret to your phone and it should register after apply settings.
Regards

agibson

Reaction score
okay, it appears to be registering now, mostly. Done with 100% manual configuration, this time. I am testing out the various configurations to see why it does and doesn't register. Or why it goes to "UNREACHABLE!" I am doing this after work and family. So I have to have patience at getting this done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.