RECOMMENDATIONS Dental Office Help

jchuby

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is about to build his dental office and asked me for some help with the PBX.
Backend isnt hard... PBIAF, Vitelity trunking. Ethernet just for the VOIP with POE backend.. done.

Phones: I remember Aastra phones (now mitel) had some great features.. Call parking shows up on all phones, etc.

90% of calls will be answered by front desk, but every now and then there will be the need for parking the call, so the doctor can answer it wherever he wants (operatory, office, etc). Sure they can ask them where to transfer to, but parking seems to be the best choice.

Do any phones have scripts like the aastra used to? The ability to view parked call list?

If anyone has a recommendation we need 8 phones...
2 Front desk, 1x each operatory, 2 in the office.
The operatory phones dont need as many lines (2-3 max) as front desk (4-8) or office.

Thanks

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
There's a script that was posted here that will give you a parked call list on Yealink phones. You can probably find it by searching.
If you don't anticipate too many calls being parked at once, why not just have a BLF key on each phone for each parking slot and say "Dr. Name, your call is in Park 1". He pushes that button on any phone and gets his call.

I really like Mitel (not re-branded Aastra - actual Mitel 52xx and 53xx series) and Polycom phones. Bought my first Polycom (VVX 410) in several years about 3 months ago before I went abroad. Worked very well - love the sound quality, screen, really everything. I'd be tempted to use it over my Mitels only because its implementation of SIP overall is actually complete. Mitel always treated its SIP firmware as a step child.

jchuby

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I didnt realize you can link a BLF to a Parking lot number.

I would want a phone I could configure via the OpenSource config manager.. and I would probably stay within one brand for the entire office.
I will look at the Mitel and Polycoms out there

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I know the OSS EPM has support for either 52xx or 53xx Mitel phones. If you're using BLF though, don't use the Mitels. Their SIP BLF support is lackluster. Basically any other phone has better BLF. It's a very sad shortcoming of the SIP firmware. It's only on or off, no pickup, no blinking, nothing of the sort.

OSS EPM can do Polycoms, not sure if it does the VVX. Definitely worth looking though.

Best of luck!

jchuby

Reaction score
Can I do this with Grandstream? The 2200 is very nice and also very cheap comparably.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.