TIPS PIAF and voip.ms sub-accounts

Asher

Reaction score
This may be a weird setup.

I run PIAF at home, with a voip.ms. My youngest just moved to Sweden. I set him up with zoiper in his cell phone, making a IAX2 connection back to my PBX. It worked flawlessly here. Now that he is there, we have some issues. He can hear us just fine, but we get a lot of choppiness from him.

So I was thinking of setting him up a sub-account on voip.ms and having him register to one of the European servers. How can I set up both PIAF and voip.ms so that he is just another extension on my PBX?

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
How can I set up both PIAF and voip.ms so that he is just another extension on my PBX?

You can't. It's one of the weird 'features' with sub accounts. I've tried.

I would try to find out the reason for the choppiness of the IAX call, if possible. This usually points to a network issue, or competing traffic for the same bandwidth. I would suspect the problem to be how he is getting to the internet, and less likely the internet per se. The distance may add some delay, but shouldn't be the cause of this choppiness (famous last words!).

Asher

Reaction score
Not sure what kind of speed he has. But the call does have to make it's way from Stockholm to Toronto. :)

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
How can I set up both PIAF and voip.ms so that he is just another extension on my PBX?
Actually you can:
In FreePBX put the SIP URI in the field "This device uses custom technology"
Make sure that extension number on the PBX matches the number you have to dial to reach that extension from voip.ms Sub-Account
I'm super busy right now but if you need more ill post a better how-to later

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.