DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

Lynn Dixon

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I am having some issues with CloudAtCost. I have their 3rd tier developer box, and I am using it with Centos 6.5 to learn Asterisk, and SIP, and PBX, etc... HAving a good time so far.

But, I am running into a problem. I can't get Yate Client to authenticate my extension 701 on my server. I have duplicated this same setup (Centos 6.5 minimal, with IncrediblePBX installer) in my home lab, and I can get Yate Client to make calls using Google Voice (motif) fine. I can't get it working on my CloudAtCost box though :(.

I am getting a password prompt when I setup Yate to use the CAC machine. I have verified proper password, and the logs are showing:

<sip:WARN> SIP line 'sip:[email protected].***.***' logon failure 401: Unauthorized

Any suggestions?

Lynn Dixon

Reaction score
Bob, sorry for the delay, was out of town for a while.
Yeah, I have whitelisted my IP on the cloud install. Heck I even stopped iptables for a few minutes while I was troubleshooting to make sure it wasnt a firewall issue on the cloud server.

It's odd, because the client will go online for a few seconds, then I get prompted for the authentication again, and keep getting the error I posted earlier.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Hi Lynn Dixon,

there are reports that C&C dns is incredibly flaky, would the YATE Client be trying to register using the given domain name, as that could indicate the point of failure

kenn10

Reaction score
I have appended my earlier post on issues I had with Cloud at Cost. My instance is working pretty well now. I moved my production PIAF back onto the cloud and have not experienced any of the earlier issues I reported. Perhaps they did some rebalancing of servers and the network. I can say that I'm pretty happy with it now except for the very slow response of the web server when I access PIAF on the cloud instance.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
My experience has been, the DNS never worked at all; I've had to use IP addresses strictly.
My Yate client on my work laptop won't register properly - I can make calls but not receive them. The client on my cell registers OK - if I use the cellular network. If I let my phone connect via the Wifi here, it does the same thing as Yate. (Which, I lay to the firewall here...)
Oh well.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I have appended my earlier post on issues I had with Cloud at Cost. My instance is working pretty well now. I moved my production PIAF back onto the cloud and have not experienced any of the earlier issues I reported. Perhaps they did some rebalancing of servers and the network. I can say that I'm pretty happy with it now except for the very slow response of the web server when I access PIAF on the cloud instance.

That sounds like a routing problem. Try wardmundy.net or wardmundy.net:81/community. They're zippy quick.

kenn10

Reaction score
I took the IP address from the Cloud at Cost control panel and created a DynDNS alias. That solved my problem. The CAC DNS never worked for me at all.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
looks like cloud@cost are doing 60% off big dog servers today with coupon code bigdog60, brings the smallest one down to $112 one off

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Buyer Beware:

CKnav3YWoAA29Ee.jpg

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
to replace your cloud at cost instance with archlinux, choose a debian 7.1 64bit vm, let it start,

open a terminal and run:

Code:
wget http://git.io/vps2arch
chmod +x vps2arch
./vps2arch

This will replace the entire vm with archlinux, same root password, same network, and lots and lots of space:

see https://github.com/drizzt/vps2arch for further details.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
to replace your cloud at cost instance with archlinux, choose a debian 7.1 64bit vm, let it start,

open a terminal and run:

Code:
wget http://git.io/vps2arch
chmod +x vps2arch
./vps2arch

This will replace the entire vm with archlinux, same root password, same network, and lots and lots of space:

see https://github.com/drizzt/vps2arch for further details.

That's intriguing...

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
so,

all weekend if I try to create a c@c vm, I get a no port page when I complete the cloudpro request... :mad:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
And, in my case, the ability to re-image a server seems to have gone missing.

I went to create an Archlinux server immediately after I read your post, hecatae, but I find no button/toggle/option to destroy and re-image my server. Anywhere. The "modify" (from memory) button does nothing at all. No re-image option from the drop-down list. I actually filed a ticket.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
It worked for me. Build new CloudPro Debain machine and converted to Arch just fine. Now what do I do with the machine? LoL

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Well, I don't have a reimage button, but the drop server/create new cloudpro server loop took about 2 minutes. I think you'll find they're moving to a cloud mentality. You don't modify servers, you drop them, then re-create a replacement.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
tbrummell and Dave Gray: I'm not on CloudPro so the config is different. I don't even see a method to drop/destroy server. Must need more coffee

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Seriously, what am I missing here? Where's the button?

Capture.JPG

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Seriously, what am I missing here? Where's the button?

View attachment 1827

let me know if they get back to you, if you move to CloudPro you will lose 1GB of your ssd storage, as they dont give out 11GB partitions with CloudPro.

I have 2GB ssd storage they will not give me back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.