ALERT googlets.agi stopped working today

pilovis

Reaction score
Without any reason googlets.agi (Asterisk AGI script that uses Google's translate text to speech service) has stopped working today (at least here in Italy).

As usual I deleted the /tmp audio files generated by the googlets.agi and expected that the files would have been recreated at the first use, but discovered that the google translate agi does not work anymore. :eek:

I tested the googlets.agi script with another production server with the same results (it doesn't work anymore).
Please note that nothing has changed in the configuration files of my servers.

I suspect Google has changed something, as they did with the Google speech API (speech-recog.agi) last year. :(

Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Please let me know.

Thanks.

Maurizio

pilovis

Reaction score
this is an example

exten => 995,1,Answer
exten => 995,2,Wait(1)
exten => 995,3,agi(googletts.agi,"Say number",en)
exten => 995,4(record),agi(speech-recog.agi,en-EN)
exten => 995,5,agi(googletts.agi,"you said",en)
exten => 995,6,agi(googletts.agi,"${utterance}",en)
exten => 995,7,Hangup()

before there was a female voice that said: 'Say number', then the voice told me the number I said,
now I hear just a beep (no voice) but '${utterance}' variable contains the number I've just said.
Speech-recog.agi still works ... for now.

Maurizio

pilovis

Reaction score
Please note I can still get googletts.agi working in case I already used it in the past and the translation files generated by googlets.agi are stored in /tmp directory, but if I create a new extension with new phrases, or if I empty the /tmp directory, it doesn't work anymore.

pilovis

Reaction score
UPDATE: as I suspected, Google changed the system a few days ago and is now redirecting to a CAPTCHA page, so googletts.agi can't work anymore and is returning this message in Asterisk: >AGI Script googletts.agi completed, returning 0 (zero means error)

The service is still free, but only accessible via a browser, and you have to prove you are a human via captcha :(

I didn't immediately notice this change because I was still using the translation files saved in /tmp directory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.