PIONEERS Incredible GUI for ESXi - Benefit from Noob's mistake

Fairwood136

Reaction score
Also for the brave and the restless, I created ESXi versions of Incredible GUI. They can be found here:

No Warranty is provided on these images. (Ha Ha) Trying to keep with the new naming standard, my files are named:
IncrediblePBX-11.11.1-Centos6.6-esxi.ova - Incredible PBX with GUI 2.11​
IncrediblePBX-11-12.1-Centos6.6-esxi.ova - Incredible PBX with GUI 12​
These images are set to use DHCP. I don't think they will require much editing of your VM under VMware, but you should check your settings and requirements before you start up.
The status screens are:
11-11.png
11-12.png

You will need to pick up from Ward's post on Incredible GUI for Virtual Box, with the resetting of the passwords and follow on from there.

Noob's Mistake - My tail of woe...
I'm a long-time IT guy, who recently (earlier this week) stumbled upon this site. After reading the forum and nerdvittles articles, I downloaded Centos and then installed IncrediblePBX with GUI 12 onto a VMware instance taking snapshots along the way. But when I launched the web portal, I wasn't seeing any administrative functions. After playing around a bit, and reading a bit more on the websites (here and on nerdvittles.com), I was worried about the stability of the release. So, I decided to go back to after my Centos snapshot and install GUI 2.11. I launched the web portal, but again, no administrative functions. @#$%**(@!!

So, I reread Ward's Incredible PBX GUI comes to VirtualBox. I downloaded Virtual Box, and then the image off of SourceForge. I loaded the instance, followed the steps, and then launched the web portal. Lo and behold, there were the administrative functions. It was at that point, I noticed this little "button" on the bottom left.
admin.png
I went back to my VMware instances, and sure enough, once I clicked on the button, I had administrative functions. Downside, I should have RTFM a bit sooner. Upside, I had two ESXi images I could share. My snapshots looked like:

Snapshots.png

Overall, these sites and this software look great!! I hope to contribute as time goes on.

Any and all feedback are welcome.

Thanks,
Tom

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I have a question about the process you used to create the image, what did you have to do to the VM before you created the .ova file so that it could be installed on a different Vmware server.

Thanks,

gary

wa4zlw

Reaction score
I'm interested as well.

thanks will download and try it in a few days.

leon

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I have tried to install on esxi 5.5 and I get an error.
"the OVF package requires unsupported hardware.
Details: line 25 Unsupported hardware family 'vmx-11'."

gary

Fairwood136

Reaction score
Sorry, I had this installed under esxi 6, so that is where the issue lies.

I downgraded to vmx-10, which is equivalent to esxi 5.5 and was able to load the VM into a copy of workstation. Let me play around and see if I can upload a 5.5 version of the files as well. I may have to do it as a .ovf distribution (three separate files) vs using a .ova (three files zipped into one).

Best,
Tom

wa4zlw

Reaction score
I'm running vSphere 5.5 (esxi 5.5?) which was free. Please make sure the filenames reflect the build.

Looking forward to trying it.

thanks leon

Fairwood136

Reaction score
I don't have esxi 5.5, but I have attempted to patch the .osf, and .mf files to downgrade my 6 to 5.5. It should work for you. Remember if you are grabbing the 5.5 versions you need to put all three files in the same directory.

You should see a directory structure that looks something like:

IncrediblePBX (which may be hidden from you, but you should see the children)
---> ESXi5 (Contains the "patched" 5.5 images)
--------> IncrediblePBX-11.11.1-Centos6.6-esxi
--------------> IncrediblePBX-11.11.1-Centos6.6-esxi.mf
--------------> IncrediblePBX-11.11.1-Centos6.6-esxi.ovf
--------------> IncrediblePBX-11.11.1-Centos6.6-esxi-disk1.vmdk (still copying up to my Google Drive at this time)
--------> IncrediblePBX-11.12.1-Centos6.6-esxi
--------------> IncrediblePBX-11.12.1-Centos6.6-esxi.mf
--------------> IncrediblePBX-11.12.1-Centos6.6-esxi.ovf
--------------> IncrediblePBX-11.12.1-Centos6.6-esxi-disk1.vmdk
---> ESXi6 (The original images)
--------> IncrediblePBX-11.11.1-Centos6.6-esxi.ova
--------> IncrediblePBX-11.12.1-Centos6.6-esxi.ova

Good Luck,
Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.