FYI Incredible PBX Caller ID etc.

Reaction score
Hi Fellas,

I've been meaning to adjust my CallerID settings. I know where to adjust those settings in the FreePBX interface, but where can I do that in the IncrediblePBX interface?

Thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Easiest way with Gotcha-Free PBX on Asterisk-GUI platform is to edit /etc/asterisk/credentials.conf.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Easiest way is to edit /etc/asterisk/credentials.conf.
I know that this topic is a bit stale, but it appears that I'm having a problem establishing outbound Caller ID that may be related to the OP.

The "credentials.conf" file is not found at the referenced location on my new IncrediblePBX11-12.1 installation. This installation was made, using script incrediblepbx11-12.1.centos.tar.gz downloaded from SourceForge.

It's my intention to set the outgoing Caller ID on extensions to match the DID number that is assigned to the ext so that return calls will be routed to the original caller's phone. (Inbound Call Route takes care of this.) The caller ID that is specified in the extension (or on the trunk or on a corresponding outbound route) does not get sent to the called number.

I am successful configuring the outbound Caller ID on another working PIAF system (Centos 6.6, PIAF 3.0.6.6, FreePBX 12.0.70.1, Asterisk 11.15.0) without any problems. (The file referenced is not found on this PIAF system, either.) The same trunk configuration as was on this PIAF (DIDs are disabled on the existing PIAF) all are copied to the new IncrediblePBX to test. DIDs are registering with the provider (Vitelity).

What am I overlooking, or is this a bug in IncrediblePBX11-12.1?

Side issue: Sourceforge Downloads list a Virtual Box version (IncrediblePBX-11-12.3-SL66.ova) ... is there a corresponding ".3" version to replace incrediblepbx11-12.1.centos.tar.gz? Where is the .3 version for download, and does the .3 version address/resolve this issue by any chance?

Thanks for your insight.

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
geopeterwc: Hi, Pete. You're confusing a number of development tracks.

PIAF 3 requires a CentOS platform and still uses the FreePBX 2.11 GUI. It is production ready but rarely state of the art.

The Gotcha-Free PBX with Asterisk-GUI used the credentials.conf file. It is no longer supported because Digium dropped support for it.

The new Incredible PBX GUI project is our latest and greatest, and it uses GPL modules that are compatible with FreePBX 2.11 and 12. It does not have a credentials.conf setup. You set CallerID in both the FreePBX and Incredible GUIs within the extension or trunk setup of the GUI itself. Read one of the latest Nerd Vittles articles and start from there. Open a new thread if you have support issues, preferably one issue per thread.

CentOS and SL (Scientific Linux) are virtually identical builds of RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) except for the artwork. SL comes prepackaged with Incredible PBX GUI in a virtual machine build for VirtualBox. IT IS RELIABLE, BUT EXPERIMENTAL! SL is a government-funded Linux OS. CentOS is owned by RedHat. Traditionally, RH was more of a stickler about trademarked artwork, etc. So... with the CentOS platform, you build the OS platform yourself and then run the Incredible PBX installer.

There is not a .3 release of Incredible PBX with Incredible GUI for CentOS or Ubuntu at this time. The .3 release added OAUTH authentication support for Google Voice and is suitable for PIONEERS and those that like the latest and greatest. Read the Nerd Vittles article for details. Once the kinks are shaken out, we'll push out a new installer for CentOS and Ubuntu and the Raspberry Pi 2. It may be .3 or perhaps a later version depending upon how things evolve. Minor updates are pushed out weekly and sometimes daily. We're on our third .3 build, and it's been available for about 10 days.

As you can probably appreciate, it was simply too hard to maintain a development track on 3+ operating system platforms. So that's the new development model that's been implemented to preserve our own sanity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.