FYI IncrediblePBX11-12 Authentication for "Other" apps

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
A bug or a feature? ... in a newly installed IncrediblePBX11-12 on Centos6.6. Maybe I overlooked a step in the instructions or if the procedure to set the Apache authentication is missing from the installation script?

After installation, and going to the "Other" tab on the initial "Incredible PBX" menu provides options to access (and presumably to administer) Astridex, Config Edit, Reminders, Sys Info, and phpMyAdmin. None of these options are accessible without providing a user ID and password.

I've tried all of the usual "admin" "maint" "root" with the password associated with those users, but nothing works.

I searched the forum and found the following:
Code:
All web-based apps except Asterisk-GUI require Apache credentials.
admin account is required for the administrator applications.
To create admin account: htpasswd -b /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin newpassword
You can create one or more additional accounts for AsteriDex & Reminders access.

To create other accounts: htpasswd -b /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd username userpassword
This line below provided the solution. I now have access to the applications found on the "Other" tab:
Code:
To create admin account: htpasswd -b /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin newpassword

I expected the installation script to have handled this and provided the Apache(?) password needed for these functions, but it does not.

See: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/password-clarification.16541/#post-106809 for more on this topic.

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The installer tells you what to do when you finish. The tutorial tells you how to do it as well. For obvious reasons, you wouldn't want a default password that gives strangers (who know the passw0rd) access to critical components on your server.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.