NO JOY Voicemail to Email on Cubox

dmmincrjr

Reaction score
I partially set up a Cubox at my office and was able to send emails from voicemail without making any configuration changes. I took the Cubox home last night and now the email functionality does not work. Before I moved the Cubox I ran the command to move it to a different network. At home I tried to add my smtp provider but when I restarted the sendmail service getting the warning message hostname: Name or service not known. Sendmail is running though and emails flushed from the queue when I added outgoing.verizon.net to the configuration file. However the emails were returned and am getting the error 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable which I assume requires me to set up something like gmail as an SMTP Gateway. However I wanted to see if anyone had experience setting that up on the Cubox or if I am missing something entirely before I make this type of change. My internet connection at the office and home is both Verizion Fios. Any suggestions or workarounds appreciated.

dmmincrjr

Reaction score
I tried doing the Tutorial last night for making Gmail the SMTP Relay Host and could not get past the second command hostname -f > genericsdomain. Received the following output hostname: Name or service not known. Does anyone know what the equivalent would be in Ubuntu to get past this point. If I just type hostname it will return cubox so I am not sure if it is the -f that is the problem or what I need to do to move forward.

Charles Lewis

Reaction score
What did you figure out on this? I'm running into the same issue seeing up my Cubox.

dmmincrjr

Reaction score
Unfortunately I never did figure it out. I just setup the Cubox at my office where email was working. I have a VPN in place between the office and home and are connecting my phones over the VPN to the Cubox. It works very well. I am assuming Verizon is blocking a port on the residential connections and not the business connections allowing it to work at my office. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.