TIPS Identifying Outbound Route Used

lcsneil

Reaction score
I currently use the [macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook] to do a number of tasks before I place a call based on DIAL_TRUNK and DIAL_NUMBER.

I have mainly go to this point by copying and tweaking others examples.

So firstly can someone tell me are the above two parameters system variables generated by asterisk?

Secondly is there a variable I can test to see which 'outbound route' has been used for the call about to be placed? Note I said outbound route rather than trunk.

I have a specific outbound route for Premium Rate numbers and I want to make an announcement before dialing a trunk which isn't exclusively used for premium numbers.

TIA

lcsneil

lcsneil

Reaction score
So to answer my own question there is a variable that contains the outbound route. Details of which are in this thread. So using the variable ${OUTBOUND_ROUTE_NAME} it works and provides the result I was aiming for in my OP.

lcs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.