FYI Where are the updates

prattmd2

Reaction score
When I was using FreePBX GUI I was getting updates to modules almost daily

I have yet to see any module updates since installing IncrediblePBX and gui on CentOS about 3 weeks ago

Is that correct or normal?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Modules will be screened carefully before being released. Perfectly normal AND safer.

Take a look at "the other forum" if you want to see why it makes sense to take your time installing updates.

* EDIT * This is a phone system, not a race car. Absent security issues, the less tinkering you do with it, the better off you will be.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
prattmd2: Assuming you're not using your system for production, you can assist us with testing the newer modules for Module Admin by changing the module update location on your server and restarting Asterisk. We haven't found any issues with the new updates thus far. The command is below.

Remember that, after updating/adding modules, you'll need to manually clear the nasty warning messages in the GUI's System Status screen. Then permanently delete them by running gui-fix from the Linux CLI. Our overlords calls this a feature. :rolleyes:

It will be removed in an upcoming release from us.

Code:
mysql -u root -ppassw0rd asterisk -e "update freepbx_settings set value='http://wable-repo2.wardmundy.net' where keyword='MODULE_REPO' and description='repo server' limit 1"
amportal restart

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I ran this on a test box (
Incredible PBX 12.0.70)
and everything seemed to work, it update about 6 modules, warnings came up but were deleted successfully.
Thanks,

gary

prattmd2

Reaction score
Ward: I noticed in your article today that Incredible GUI had been upgraded to include Google Voice OAUTH configurations.
How do you update Incredible GUI itself?

Reaction score
I yearn to live as close to the edge as humanly possible as long as it's only in the world of software, ip addresses, FQDN's, firewalls and VM's

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Get too close to that edge and you might fall off. "There be Monstyrs!" :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.