QUESTION (TomS) Polycom 331 cannot use alpha characters in password

TomS

Guru
Reaction score
I have the Polycom 331 that I got from the advanced class at Asterisk.
I am not able to enter an all numeric password in FreePBX 2.11 of the latest release 11.11.
If I use the AstGUI, the phone registers just fine as you can edit the files directly.
But then my Cisco 7960 will not register even with NAT=no QUALIFY=no in the users.conf file.

So I changed to the latest 11.11 with FreePBX 2.11 and the Cisco works just fine by setting the values.
But the Polycom will not register as the FreePBX extensions will not pass the test for 2 characters.

I remember from way back that Ward had the specific commands to actually extract and edit the SQL information. Does anyone have a link or info about actually editing the info?
Does the system actually validate the password every time it is rebuilt or only as it is entered in FreePBX?

Thanks,
Tom Schmitt

TomS

Guru
Reaction score
thanks lgaetz
I did not know that option was in the menus

it did the trick - I turned off the 'require strong secrets' and set the password - then turned the option back on.

Thanks again
Tom Schmitt (TomS)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.