FYI Incredible PBX GUI Bugs/Fixes

Reaction score
Just realized that I am not getting emails with voicemail attachments. I am getting emails for cron jobs and faxes, so I know that the email part of the server is working. Just not getting them when someone leaves a voicemail.

Confirmed.

To test this, I opened a terminal window and did "tail -f /var/log/maillog" and then:
  1. Create a new account and told the system to email me with the details - In the terminal window I was able to verify that the mail-log was updated
  2. Next, I configured an extension to send an email when a new voicemail was received. I called that extension and left myself a message. I watched the mailog for 5 minutes and nothing happened. I believe that this indicates the message never attempted to send.
Oh... and now I cannot delete or do anything with the voicemails in the user control panel. If I select a voicemail and click delete the scree just flashes and the voicemail is still there.
I do not have this issue. I am able to login to the users panel and play or delete the message without error.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Nope, it's definitely broken for me. I cannot delete or move messages to old, urgent, etc. from the user control panel nor can I delete them from the voicemail admin section. I have created multiple different extensions on three different droplets and get the same exact behavior. I have tried it with a registered hard phone rejecting the call to send it to busy voicemail and ignoring the call so it goes to unavailable voicemail. I have tried it without a phone registered and I have tried it on a virtual extension, all with the same exact result.

I am also getting the attached error message when I delete the extension. The only way I have found to fix it is to manually remove that folder via ssh.

Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 10.24.10 PM.png

thomasb9511

Reaction score
Anyone not seeing flite getting installed on centos 7?
Code:
WARNING[23999][C-0000000d]: pbx.c:4869 pbx_extension_helper: No application 'Flite' for extension (from-internal, 223, 3)

giulioh

Reaction score
I just installed on a Centos 7 with using the incrediblepbx11-12.0.centos.tar.gz.

When I try to save configurations on the PBX gui:

Code:
exit: 1
found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
[FATAL] retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE

If I run:

amportal a reload

I get the same error.

What am I missing?

witdirect

Reaction score
OK glad Im not the only one thought I was goings nuts with this CDR thing. :(

thomasb9511

Reaction score
On incrediblepbx11-12.0.centos.tar.gz and incrediblepbx11-11.0.centos.tar.gz on Centos 6.5/6.6
Code:
[2015-05-28 02:59:52] ERROR[10549][C-00000001]: chan_sip.c:33392 setup_srtp: No SRTP module loaded, can't setup SRTP session.
[2015-05-28 02:59:52] ERROR[10549][C-00000001]: chan_sip.c:33392 setup_srtp: No SRTP module loaded, can't setup SRTP session.
[2015-05-28 02:59:52] WARNING[10549][C-00000001]: chan_sip.c:10388 process_sdp: Rejecting secure audio stream without encryption details: audio 5004 RTP/SAVP 0 8 4 18 2 97 101
The SRTP module doesn't get installed I checked the and the menuselect and :
kuBhIGV.png

thomasb9511

Reaction score
Trying to install libsrtp yields this:
Code:
[root@pbx asterisk-11.17.1]# yum -y install libsrtp-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, security
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.yellowfiber.net
* extras: mirror.yellowfiber.net
* rpmforge: mirror.teklinks.com
* updates: mirror.yellowfiber.net
No package libsrtp-devel available.
Error: Nothing to do
[root@pbx asterisk-11.17.1]# yum -y install libsrtp
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit, security
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.yellowfiber.net
* extras: mirror.yellowfiber.net
* rpmforge: mirror.us.leaseweb.net
* updates: mirror.yellowfiber.net
No package libsrtp available.
Error: Nothing to do
So yeah I tried to compile from source
Code:
cd /usr/local/src/
wget http://srtp.sourceforge.net/srtp-1.4.2.tgz
tar zxvf srtp-1.4.2.tgz
cd /usr/local/src/srtp
./configure CFLAGS=-fPIC
make && make install
then recompile asterisk starting with ./configure
It works fine in Centos 7

Now that it's working what does this mean? With an ht701 on the other end
Code:
[2015-05-28 03:54:20] WARNING[21701][C-00000005]: res_srtp.c:407 ast_srtp_unprotect: SRTP unprotect failed with: authentication failure 10

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For the record, that's a feature, not a bug. Good fix! We've added SRTP to latest installers.

Error may be due to phone software. Are you using latest firmware?? Some other tips available here.

Did you set encryption=yes in extension setup??

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone ever figured out a way to get email delivery of voicemails working on CentOS 6.5 (problems detailed above)

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone ever figured out a way to get email delivery of voicemails working on CentOS 6.5 (problems detailed above)

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I can confirm that I am seeing the same issue as you are. Perhaps someone knows, but I'll keep digging on this one. Very unusual.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Missing from yesterday's new install incrediblepbx11-11.0 (restored from older system). Discovered after tracing mail from Tony's note.

/etc/cron.daily - job logrotate - Missing Fail2ban restart after fi statemment and before exit 0 : service fail2ban restart
/etc/logrotate.d - missing asterisk script - rotates the primary asterisk logs

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Voicemail e-mail issue - I ran a compare between the old and new systems and the only difference is the msg.txt file - I'm not sure if that is the cause, but it's like finding a needle in the haystack. Perhaps someone else can chime in... (my language code on my system is set to PA - Pat Fleet)ward007.jpg

ward007.jpg

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Kept trying to trace the e-mail voicemail delivery, but can't locate an issue. I compared the voicemail modules in an older production system and they appear (size wise) to be the same. Anyone have any suggestions, please feel free to comment. :banghead:

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
One more item, along with no e-mail messages, Pager Email Address is non-op too.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Okay, got it to work. I think there are some issues with saving in Voicemail Admin Settings, but I did use these settings, and it works just fine (haven't retested Pager stuff). I saved each section at a time and made sure it said "UPDATED COMPLETED" at the bottom. Also, I removed mail command : /usr/bin/sendmailmp3; mine are sent in wav format. Haven't retested for point of failure - going to dinner. Let me know if this works for you.

Attach = Yes
Auth =2
Emailbody / Subject- your choice, I used:
Code:
A new voicemail has been received in your mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID}.\n\nSincerely,\nName\nA Your Company Name
New Voice Mail Received ${VM_MAILBOX} from ${VM_CALLERID}
Envelope = Yes
Force Greeting = No
Force Name = Yes
Format = wav
Max Logins = 3
Max Silence = 10
Moveheard = Yes
NextAfter = Yes
Operator = No
PBX Skip = No
pollfreq = 30
pollmailboxes = Yes
review = No
saycid = No
searchcontexts = No
sendvoicemail = Yes
tempgreetwarn = No
usedirectory = Yes

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Eureka! I figured it out.. on my systems at least. I spun up an old PIAF droplet and did a stare and compare of all the settings between it and one of the new Incredible ones. I saw in the voicemail admin page for the new Incredible one mailcmd is populated with /usr/bin/sendmailmp3 while it is blank on my old system. I removed that entry ONLY and now voicemails are being emailed.

As for the rest of your settings Trimline2, I do not see one that is just Auth but the rest of mine are as follows and always have been. For what it's worth, I've only ever changed the email body and from string, I have always left the rest at their default settings.

Attach = Yes
Auth = Don't see it.
Emailbody / Subject- your choice, I used:
Code:
${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CIDNAME} (${VM_CIDNUM})\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\nVisit http://FQDN of PBX/recordings to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n\n\nDo not reply to this email, it will not be seen.\n\n\n
emaildateformat = %A, %B %d, %Y at %r
Envelope = Yes
Force Greeting = No
Force Name = Yes
Format = wav|wav49
From String = PBX Voicemail
Max Logins = 3
Max Silence = 10
Moveheard = No
NextAfter = No
Operator = Yes
PBX Skip = No
pollfreq = 30
pollmailboxes = Yes
review = No
saycid = No
sayduration = Yes
searchcontexts = No
sendvoicemail = Yes
serverermail = asterisk
silencethreshold = 128
skipms = 3000
tempgreetwarn = Yes
usedirectory = Yes
pagerdateformat = %A, %B %d, %Y at %r

Stephen Bates

Reaction score
Any one getting "Privilege escalation protection disabled!" after fresh install of Centos 6.6(Minimal) and IncrediblePBX11-12?

I cannot seem to get asterisk to load, even with asterisk -cvvvv
I did try the live_dangerously = yes in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf, but the results were the same.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Running the load&soak on the new install, this morning I received a system email from logrotate that said:
Code:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
Stopping fail2ban: [  OK  ]
Starting fail2ban: mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/run/fail2ban': File exists
[  OK  ]
Checking further, enter the command "/etc/init.d/fail2ban status"; this displayed:
Code:
Fail2ban (pid 17407) is running...
Status
|- Number of jail:      0
`- Jail list:
When I compared to another system, I can see:
Code:
Fail2ban (pid 1253) is running...
Status
|- Number of jail:      5
`- Jail list:           apache-tcpwrapper, apache-badbots, ssh-iptables, asterisk-iptables, vsftpd-iptables

I grabbed the jail.conf file of of the older system and copied to the new - rebooted and all is fine. My only remaining issue is should I restart fail2ban on the new system, I receive the error "starting fail2ban: mkdir: cannot create directory `/var/run/fail2ban': File exists" although the status says it is running fine.

The iptables -L properly displays.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.