FYI Incredible PBX GUI Bugs/Fixes

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for validating that Jeff! I think we can now say that the CDR is not working properly using the new IncrediblePBX GUI under the following
  • CloudAtCost Running CentOS 6.5 (Me)
  • CloudAtCost Running CentOS 7.0 (Me)
  • VMWare Workstation (Local) running CentOS 6.5 (Me)
  • DigitalOcean Running CentOS 6.5(?) (You)
  • DigitalOcean Running Ubuntu 14.4 and upgraded to IncrediblePBX (You)
In addition to CDR, its probably safe to say that Webmin & IpTables have trouble as well in each of the above environments. I personally I never tried webmin though I did report an error though I did report an error message regarding it on the previous page: webmin: unrecognized service

Thanks for helping to confirm this! Hopefully our combined testing is useful for wardmundy and others :thumbsup:

I just post the fixes for CDR and webmin
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...w-incredible-pbx-gui.17106/page-2#post-110659

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Using the latest build (see post 34), CDRS work fine for me. Download the latest build before you test.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I kicked one off about 10 mins ago, should I start over?

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Brand new fresh install and still no CDRs. Followed the directions for CentOS 6.5 and version 11 from http://nerdvittles.com/?p=13599

Immediately ran /root/admin-pw-change and /root/timezone-setup for US Central time. Created Flowroute trunk, extension for my phone and outbound route in GUI. That's it, no other changes or updates.

[2015-05-24 20:36:23] ERROR[2183][C-00000000] cdr_mysql.c: Cannot connect to database server localhost: (1045) Access denied for user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I used the fix sukasem posted and I have CDRs now. Don't know why it wouldn't be working from the start though.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I attempted a fresh install using the Tutorial linked in post 34 (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=13599) - Here are my results

1. Installed CentOS 6.5 Minimal from the tutorial linked above (line by line) into a VMWare Workstation Image
  2. Installed Incredible PBX 12 (wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx11-12.0.centos.tar.gz)
  3. Changed admin password and timezone
  4. Logged Out, Logged In
  5. Placed a test call from Extension 701 to *43
  6. CDR Came up blank, checked log - Same error as earlier - cdr_mysql.c: Cannot connect to database server localhost: (1045) Access denied for user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
  7. Rebooted for good measure
  8. Placed another test call from Extension 701 to *43, same error
I then followed the instructions provided by sukasem and ran the following

Code:
$ mysql -u root -h localhost -ppassw0rd
> use mysql
> SET PASSWORD FOR 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('amp109');
> exit
###Now verify that password has changed
$ mysql -u asteriskuser -h localhost -p
###Then enter password amp109

I placed another test call, same error. However, after rebooting and placing another test call the error was gone. My CDR Loads properly!

While I am thrilled to have my CDR working, I am still confused as to why I'm seeing errors after the initial install and Ward isn't. Perhaps VMWare is to blame? Maybe I'll test again with VirtualBox.

>> Edit: jeff.h wins! His computer must be faster than mine....

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
I found another issue. Blacklist Last Caller features is not working.
Application blacklist-last always return 0. So, it playbacks unidentified.

Anyone confirm this please,

BTW, I install yesterday build

Reaction score

I can confirm that Blacklist Last Caller is not working. To test this I used my cell phone to call an incoming route configured to ring extension 701. After hanging up, I then dialed *32 from the softphone connected to extension 701.

Allison read back my cell # and asked me to press 1 to blacklist it however after pressing 1 nothing happened. I tried a few times, then checked the list of numbers on the blacklist and my cell phone was not listed.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I then followed the instructions provided by sukasem and ran the following

Code:
$ mysql -u root -h localhost -ppassw0rd
> use mysql
> SET PASSWORD FOR 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('amp109');
> exit
###Now verify that password has changed
$ mysql -u asteriskuser -h localhost -p
###Then enter password amp109

I placed another test call, same error. However, after rebooting and placing another test call the error was gone. My CDR Loads properly!

Not sure why we didn't see this with VirtualBox, but we've added the patch to the 05-25 build minutes ago. Here's the one line fix for existing systems:

Code:
mysql -u root -ppassw0rd mysql -e "SET PASSWORD FOR 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('amp109');"

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

Using IncrediblePBX 11-12.0 CentOS build from yesterday, I can't reproduce this.

Dialed 701 from extension 701 and answered call. Hung up. Dialed *32 from extension 701 to Blacklist Last Caller and chose 1 to add 701 to Blacklist. Says it was successfully added and both the GUI and Asterisk database show it correctly. Are you doing something differently??

CF2zAUXW0AA4MDP.jpg:large

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
New build this morning and everything appears to be working except webmin, I still had to reinstall that. Looking good :)

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
Using IncrediblePBX 11-12.0 CentOS build from yesterday, I can't reproduce this.

Dialed 701 from extension 701 and answered call. Hung up. Dialed *32 from extension 701 to Blacklist Last Caller and chose 1 to add 701 to Blacklist. Says it was successfully added and both the GUI and Asterisk database show it correctly. Are you doing something differently??

CF2zAUXW0AA4MDP.jpg:large

Actaully, mine is incrediblepbx11.4.centos.tar.gz build.

I will try latest build this evening.
Thanks,

thomasb9511

Reaction score
Using IncrediblePBX 11-12.0 on centos 6.5 I get this when it is done installing:

Code:
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 163: 10956 Illegal instruction    (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY "${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk" -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 163: 11005 Illegal instruction    (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY "${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk" -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
Reading up on this it seems that is caused by the compiled binary not liking my processor. Maybe somewhere along the line the compiler arguments are set wrong for my AMD system.

Here is my cat /proc/sys:
Code:
[root@pbx ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor    : 0
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 22
model        : 0
model name    : AMD A4-1250 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics   
stepping    : 1
cpu MHz        : 998.085
cache size    : 1024 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 2
core id        : 0
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 0
initial apicid    : 0
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 13
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt topoext perfctr_nb perfctr_l2 xsaveopt npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold bmi1
bogomips    : 1996.17
TLB size    : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate [11]

processor    : 1
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 22
model        : 0
model name    : AMD A4-1250 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics   
stepping    : 1
cpu MHz        : 998.085
cache size    : 1024 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 2
core id        : 1
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 1
initial apicid    : 1
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 13
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt topoext perfctr_nb perfctr_l2 xsaveopt npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold bmi1
bogomips    : 1996.17
TLB size    : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate [11]
This processor runs asterisk fine when using elastix and piaf-green. It is single processor chip

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Just realized that I am not getting emails with voicemail attachments. I am getting emails for cron jobs and faxes, so I know that the email part of the server is working. Just not getting them when someone leaves a voicemail.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Oh... and now I cannot delete or do anything with the voicemails in the user control panel. If I select a voicemail and click delete the scree just flashes and the voicemail is still there.

thomasb9511

Reaction score
I am currently recompiling asterisk after going into menuselect and disabling the BUILD_NATIVE flag. Maybe it doesn't like the chip and it gets the build arguments wrong.

thomasb9511

Reaction score
Might I recommend implementing this in the setup?
Solution:
enter in "make menuselect" -> "Compiler flags" and disable "BUILD_NATIVE" option; then recompile Asterisk
Citing - http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-7627

A few of us have encountered the dreaded "Illegal instruction" error where Asterisk doesn't start and core dumps.
The problem is that the precompiled Asterisk packages are not the right ones for some of the CPUs, especially for AMD processors.
A compromise is to build Asterisk packages with the BUILD_NATIVE option disabled.
Please consider that: although compiling without that flag doesn't optimize the code, the Distro usually is not used for heavy duty applications, and non-optimized Asterisk code doesn't affect much the performances of the overall machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.