SOLVED Parking Lot BLF Keys?

thewisp

Reaction score
Hello!

I have some Grandstream GXP2010's and 2020's on our secretaries and admin assistants desks, as well as BT200's at general users desks, all on a PIAF.

The previous digital pbx system showed when each copper phone line was occupied, and users are used to this. Secondly, when a user put a call on hold, it would also show a line blinking. What I would like to accomplish is to provide the basic same functionality (as I have had many complaints about loosing this option).

So, I would like the secretaries to be able to transfer into a parking lot slot (one of the custom keys), then that key would light up. A general user could then pickup the call from the lot, and the secretaries custom key would go dark. Would someone be willing to suggest to me how this can be done? Secondly, I do not want users to have to dial and remember parking lot numbers (eg. 70-78). Instead just to press a preset key on their BT200 to pickup one of the parked calls. I would greatly appreciate any help with this!

dobbs

Reaction score
I can't speak to accomplishing this with Grandstream products, but I have done something similar to what you've described using Aastra 57i handsets and sidecars.

The client was moving from a key system with 24 analog lines and about 30 stations. They were used to seeing all 24 lines as lignts on their phones. So a call would come in, they would answer it and put it on hold, then page the person telling them which line to pick up.

So, we configured the sidecars to show the status of each phone on the system and 9 parking lot spaces. Seeing the actual "line" was actually irrelevant after moving them to a PRI. I'm going cross-eyed now just thinking about the many conversations with them trying to explain how a PRI differs from analog lines. Anyway, all that matters is that they can still answer each call, park it, and announce the park number to the person to whom the call is announced - the same basic process as before.

I know this seems like a crazy way to manage calls to many people (including me), but this is what the client demanded. No complaints from them after about a week of getting used to the very nice 57i phones either.

ErikU

Guru
Reaction score
This is very easy to do with Polycom phones... let me know if you need details.

-Erik

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
I have implemented this on the both Snom and Grandstream phones. I re-program the hold button to send DTMF tones ##70, which parks the call. Then I set up 4 or 5 BLF lights and mark them Line 1, Line 2, etc. I point the BLF's to 71, 72, 73, etc which are the parking lot spaces.

I just tell the receptionist to wait for Allison to announce the line number when she puts a call on hold.

thewisp

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

yes, I am in the same position with explaining to them how their new system works. I will poke around and see if I can get the BLF keys to light up based on parking spots. That is my real problem.

thewisp

Reaction score
Hello all. Figured it out - just have to specify the parking slot number. example 71

Thanks Again!

alex_tel

Reaction score
Hi John,

How did you reprogram the hold button?
Better yet, does anyone know how to program a soft-key in the GXP2010 to do a transfer?

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Is there any need for this, a blind transfer on a GS - if you have set up your BLF is just xfer - > blf button.

Joe

alex_tel

Reaction score
Joe,

I am looking for an easy way to setup a blind transfer to the parking lot without having to press transfer.

This is what I have so far...

I have setup 4 BLF on the GXP2010 for the parking lot.

When someone calls and the receptionist puts the call on the parking lot then the first blf (71) will go status red. As more calls are put in parking lot then the subsequent BLFs go red (72, 73, etc).

Now, the goal is to have a soft-key that when the receptionist gets the call she just presses it and it automatically (blind) transfers the call the parking lot (to spot 70 so that it picks the next available spot).

Alex.

Ken Corbett

Reaction score
Hay guys, I had the same issue, but I did not like the box so I went to the box maker and had them fix the issue with the one button park feature on the grandstream phone, not sure if it was my bugging level 2 support or they already had the fix in the works, but for those who are interested here it is, change your value= to your park feature code and let me know how it works outs, note the new park button option MONITORED call Park:

Ken,
Your fix is in firmware 1.0.5.10, coming out soon

Enter : 96.31.248.37/public/louis/firmware/gxp_color_1_0_5_10 under Maintenance > upgrade and provisioning and reboot to upgrade to 1.0.5.10
Once upgraded, go to you MPK settings and set the mode to Monitored call park, value =*321, for orbit 21 and *322 for orbit 22

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
Ken,

Just to make sure I understand, can you explain what "*322" is actually doing in your example? And what is an orbit?

What I'm trying to setup is a single button that a central receptionist would press on her GXP 2160 to park a call. The flow would be:

- Incoming call is picked up by receptionist.
- My parking lot starts at extension 70.
- Receptionist presses single button to park call to 70. Receptionist hears PiaF tell her the number of the parked call slot. (e.g. "71")
- Receptionist hangs up
- Receptionist calls person in office and says "there's a call for you on 71"
- Person in office lifts receiver and presses 71.

Thanks,

Robert

Ken Corbett

Reaction score
With my phone vendor *3 is the park location, *31 would be for the first park location, *32 for the next and so on...
In your system you would use your 70 code, but most likely your able to assign the actual location rather than having the system assign you a location, for example, on my system if I were to transfer a call to *3 it would also tell me the parked slot such as: "parked at 1" but by adding the 1 to the end of the park sequence I can park the call by assigning the location to a button.

good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.