QUESTION X100P on VM (virtualbox)

KenyBDG

Reaction score
Hello,

I have question before I'll buy x100p digium card.
Is it possible to use PCI X100p card on a virtual machine and connect it to regular pstn line ?, or maybe anyone know solution how to connect pstn line to virtual machnine asterisk.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Use a gateway - Obi110 if on a budget or Sangoma Vega gateway (or Grandstream) if not.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have question before I'll buy x100p digium card.
Is it possible to use PCI X100p card on a virtual machine and connect it to regular pstn line ?, or maybe anyone know solution how to connect pstn line to virtual machnine asterisk.

I *think* ESX is the only virtualization platform that can present random PCI cards to virtuals for their use, but even then there are lots and lots of caveats, and it is pretty brittle. As atsak recommends, use a networked gateway.

KenyBDG

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, but i'm afraid that it's impossible to find Obi 110 at polish market.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Buy in the UK and have shipped to Poland? Should be somewhere that can do it?

synack

Guru
Reaction score
I cannot vouch for that device working 100% with any of the platforms as I've never tested it.
But what you are looking for is "PCI pass-through" which is available from most of the virtual platforms. Your mileage may vary.

https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#pcipassthrough

I echo @GomezAddams sentiment, that it's fragile and may not work reliably. I would find a networked device. I've used the grandstream GXW4108 with reasonable success. Basically any FXO gateway would be better than PCI-passthrough

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.