NO JOY Phones losing registration with Cisco RV220W

sub0

Reaction score
Hi all,
A customer with about 20 GXP1405 phones connected to one of our hosted PIAF systems is experiencing that phones randomly lose their registration.
This started occurring when more phones were added to the site. Phones will boot up, register and then lose their registration within a minute or two.
The same number of phones of the same model, with identical configs, are connecting through a Cisco 871 router without issues so we know the phones and their configs are good.
SIP ALG is disabled on the RV220W
The UDP session timeout duration on the RV220W is 120 secs. The phones are set to re-register every minute.
Seeing that all phones stayed registered when there were fewer of them, it seems like the RV220W is now interfering with registration. That is just a hunch though, because the customer did not have this particular issue with their previous provider and Polycom IP331 phones.
Any idea what could be wrong?

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under *KVM* │
│ FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.42 │
│ 2.11 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 11.5.1 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 11.5.1 *MODIFIED* │
│ Zap/Dahdi Source Version = N/A │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.14 │
│ IP Address = 172.16.6.167 on eth0 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.4 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Three random thoughts.

1. Any chance the DHCP range is being saturated by the number of phones/devices on the system (i.e set for 192.168.40.1 - 100 and you now have 100+ devices?

2. Any chance when you set up/copied configs that the new phones are trying to use the IP address of existing phones?

3. Any other differences/similarities in how the new phones were setup / registered? Might you try a factory reset and a "from scratch" registration and see if *that* phone drops off the system?

Andrew

sub0

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I opened up a case with Cisco. The problem has gone away but I'm sure it will resurface.

Will post when/if the issue gets resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.