SUGGESTIONS Aastra XML scripts 2.3.1 Beta

KevinW

Reaction score
You might try resetting the phone to defaults and letting it do it's initial configuration again. I've had to do that with phones that were previously configured when moving them to a different server. Not sure that's the fix, but it's easy to try.

rchalk

Reaction score
Tried that, but same result.

You mentioned setting something in the t*f*t*p server. I didn't have to do that in the first case, but is it possible that it is set correctly in the image they use for the first install (silver), but not set in the image for the bronze version? Can you point me in the right direction on this?

KevinW

Reaction score
I used DHCP to send the t*f*t*p address to the phones. I think it can be done with LLDP as well. Either way, the phone needs to be able to automatically get the info on what server to contact for configuration and such. If you set this in your DHCP server it's done with option 66 and your t*f*t*p URL. Something like 't*f*t*p://192.168.x.x'. It could be setup slightly different for different DHCP servers, but that should get you going on the right track.

rchalk

Reaction score
I set the configuration server address in the phone manually to match the server address. I should point out that this is exactly the same server, just reinstalled with the newer version. It works with one, not the other.

KevinW

Reaction score
You did run the setup script to build the config files? I don't have any other ideas atm. I think I've only used the scripts with newer builds of FreePBX and Asterisk. Right now I'm on 2.11 and 11.14. I don't think that's your issue, but I had very little trouble getting things running after install. Pretty much just followed the docs. The hardest part was figuring out what to install not having used the before or being familiar with the history.

rchalk

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and had them install "green", which is Centos 6.4, Asterisk 11.5.1, and FreePBX 2.11.0.11, then installed scripts, and guess what??? They work fine (so far).

There seems to be something specifically wrong in the earlier version. Thanks for your help. I'm good to go now...

rchalk

Reaction score
OK, I'm really confused about this one... I have two identical servers from RentPBX, both in the same node. I have installed the scripts on both, with the same instructions to get that done. so far, so good.
Now, when I connect a phone and set the configuration server to the first one, all goes well, and the phone logs in. However, when I set it to the other one, it gets to "updating Configuration" and times out.

I cannot see any difference between the two servers, other than the IP address which varies only in the last triad.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

jd01

Reaction score
FWIW, I tried this out on a CentOS 66, PIAF Green + Incred 11 install, with a 9480iCT and a 9143i with the current f/w from the mitel www (I think it's 3.3.1 or something)

I had already config'd the 2 phones under OSS EPM when I tried the install of the scripts. Got through install and setup fine and rebooted.

The 9480iCT wouldn't load the config at all-- the phone complained there was some config error and '..contact your admin..' so that was the end for him.

The 9143i did load the config, and I was greeted with a login on the phone (which I though was weird because I had not setup the system to USEDEVICE (hot desking). Perhaps that is the current functionality of Asterisk these days, I don't know).

In any event, I logged in to the phone. I then left a VM on the 9143i from the 9480iCT because I wanted to test the Visual VoiceMail. Well, when I hit the key for the VM on the 9143i, the call to VM wouldn't go through ('.. your call cannot be completed as dialed..' or something). The info for the voicemail was being displayed on the 4 line screen of the 9143i and I could navigate it, but I could NOT exit the Visual VoiceMail as the "Done" key did not function. The phone was "locked" into the Visual Voicemail.

A power cycle of the 9143i was necessary to get the phone working again.

So all in all, no go for me and I'll be sticking with OSS EPM for these phones (I have a bunch that will be used).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.