FYI 3CXPhone and Incredible PBX/Asterisks 12

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
I'm upgrading my old piaf install of asterisk 1.8 to the latest Incredible12 install and having a problem with my 3CXPhone. On the current pbx it registers fine, but not on Asterisks 12. The old pbx is using the "Generic SIP Device", which I assume is the same as "Generic CHAN SIP Device" in Asterisk 12? When I try to connect to the pbx I'm getting:

[2014-11-28 13:15:24] NOTICE[11542] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request from '"101" <sip:[email protected]>' failed for 'x.x.x.x:58957' (callid: MTNjYjk3Nzc3ZTZjY2M0NjBmNDI3MWJiYmU5Zjk5YmE.) - No matching endpoint found

My side just says authorization failed. If I switch the config to PJSIP Driver it works, but then I get a new error in the log file:

[2014-11-28 13:15:14] WARNING[11542] res_pjsip_mwi.c: AOR 101 has no configured mailboxes. MWI subscription failed

Mail is configured for the extension and there are messages waiting. So one driver I can't get to work and the other the MWI light is going to be broken? Also, FYI, incase someone says firewall issue, I have the firewall wide-open for my IP address, no change.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Bob

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Just tried this with a regular VOIP phone (spa-841). The PJSIP device registers with no errors and is turning on the MWI light. Switched to the CHAN SIP device and got the same error above regarding "No matching endpoint found". So PJSIP works with the spa-841, but can't see an MWI on the 3cxphone softphone which I'm sure I've seen a VM waiting indicator flashing before. But still wondering now why CHAN SIP Device is failing for both devices, when they worked fine on Asterisks 1.8. What am I missing?

Edit: Just tried yateclient too with CHAN SIP Device, fails with endpoint error as well.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
chan_sip uses UDP 5061 now. pjsip is on 5060. Be sure it's open in your firewall, too.

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I saw that too. I don't see a way in the soft phones to force 5061, but I can with the spa-841. Still throws the error. What is strange the error is coming from the pjsip module, does the same module take care of Chan SIP too? Deleting and re-adding the extension from scratch also says gives the 5061 port notice, but below that the port for the device still defaults to 5060. I changed it there too, but still not able to register.

[2014-11-29 18:47:46] DEBUG[21330] res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_user.c: Could not identify endpoint by username '101'
[2014-11-29 18:47:46] DEBUG[21330] res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_ip.c: No identify sections to match against
[2014-11-29 18:47:46] NOTICE[21330] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request from '"101" <sip:[email protected]>' failed for 'x.x.x.x2:2666' (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found

Kind of stuck here. I can use pjsip, just no MWI for the softphone. The spa-841 works fine with pjsip...

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, so I'm able to use PJSIP, except I've ran into an issue now with that. I wonder why have the permit/deny options been removed PJSIP and only available in chan sip device? Yes I can add the IPs to iptables, but it's much easier being able to put a permit/deny in the extension setting then having to muck with iptables.

sactobob

Guru
Reaction score
So, don't you love these one-author threads.. ;)

I "fixed" the issue by disabling PJSIP in advanced settings and using just chan_sip. I did not notice the hoover-over says PJSIP is experimental! It had problems with Q routing too, when I disabled it and went back to chan_sip on port 5060 everything works now.. PJSIP seems to me just adds a level of confusion if it's not ready for prime time...

Click.

pethson

Reaction score
Hi!

Where do I change so chan_sip uses 5060 instead of 5061?

///Peter!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.