FOOD FOR THOUGHT Reload Failed -- retreive_conf error:255

rylen

Reaction score
I'm doing a fresh install and have encountered trouble. Please help me either move forward or not re-encounter it after another 4 hours of loading stuff.

Problem: I used the PBX update tool. (I think 2.11 to 2.11 something, but I'm not sure). I only saw one thing to update (Framework I think) and updated that. No orange "Apply" button, but I next had two things, Core which I could update and (I think) Framework again. I updated Core. This time I got the "Apply" button. Unfortunately, when I pushed it, I get this error:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255

Code:

exit: 255
found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Please update the module named 'motif' or enable the module named 'core'.' in /var/www/html/admin/modules/motif/functions.inc.php:21
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/DialplanHooks.class.php(87): motif_get_config('asterisk')
#1 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf(727): DialplanHooks->processHooks('asterisk', Array)
#2 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/admin/modules/motif/functions.inc.php on line 21

I ran the command "amportal a ma refreshsignatures" after getting this error. Possibly I should have before. It did not fix anything.

I now have modules available to update. Unfortunately, they are all blocked by this error.

Background:
I am doing a clean install following these Nerd Vittles instructions. I've used them successfully in the past, thought the PEAR instructions look new. I'm using a CentOS 6.5 minimal ISO which I downloaded from the PBX links and have taken advice and installed Green-PiaF.

I've done some forum searches on this error and they all say I need to reinstall. I'm game if that is necessary. But, considering the number of hours it took to reach this place, I'd like some advice on not ending up here next time.

Thanks in advance.

rylen

Reaction score
Trying again from scratch. I will pay close attention to where things broke down last time. And hopefully either avoid that or give a fuller account.

Wish me luck.

rylen

Reaction score
Not a fun day. Anyway, here are things with more attention to the steps.

Two minor errors in the first steps. I've run into these before and believe they are harmless. They are printed here for completeness.

Code:
sed -i 's|quiet|quiet net.ifnames=0 biosdevdame=0|' /etc/default/grub
    "sed: can't read /etc/default/grub: No such file or directory"

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    "-bash: grub2-mkconfig: command not found"

Installation processes, I picked Green-PiaF. (Since this is getting upgraded a tad later, would it be better if I went straight for Black-PiaF?)
Step 3, I picked choice 3: FreePBX 2.11.X as per guide.

Last time I did all the instructions. This time, I paid close attention to the "Note: This has been resolved/addressed in the latest version" and skipped the two blocks of instructions following the strikethroughs.

Now ready, I logged onto my new PBX machine via web console.
First I went to the Linux portion, updated Webmin from 1.730 to 1.740. This also fixed some problems it was reporting with CentOS.
Then I went to the PBX console.
-I told it to check for modules to upgrade. There were no candidates.
-I specifically installed the FreePBX 2.11.3 upgrade module. It installed sucessfully.
-I copied the instructions and my results.
  • Press the upgrade button below. -- success
  • Go to Module Admin, check for online updates, and upgrade the FreePBX Framework module ONLY from the online repository which will now be connected to version 12.0. -- Done -- note this only says "return" at the end -- it does not have an orange "apply" button
  • Now, Check for online updates again and upgrade all other modules that have upgrades available. If you get dependency warnings or FATAL ERRORS, just repeat the process until all your modules have been upgraded. ***AGAIN ALL MODULES MUST BE UPDATED***
--- FreePBX Famework 12.0.57, will make no changes
---Core 2.11.0.34 upgrading to 12.0.27 -- goes through entire process
  • Now press the Apply Configuration bar -- and here things go off the rails
Once again I get the error message:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Please update the module named 'motif' or enable the module named 'core'.' in /var/www/html/admin/modules/motif/functions.inc.php:21
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/DialplanHooks.class.php(87): motif_get_config('asterisk')
#1 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf(727): DialplanHooks->processHooks('asterisk', Array)
#2 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/admin/modules/motif/functions.inc.php on line 21

Once again, any help is appreciated.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just trying to understand exactly what you're trying to do and what you've done so far.

This is a PIAF-Green install on CentOS with FreePBX 2.11. Correct?

Everything works until you attempt to upgrade modules using FreePBX Module Admin. Correct?

Once in Module Admin, are you checking for online update?

If so, are you then selecting Upgrade ALL?

Have you tried updating the Motif module first?

Have you tried removing and then reinstalling the Motif module?

rylen

Reaction score
Just trying to understand exactly what you're trying to do and what you've done so far.

This is a PIAF-Green install on CentOS with FreePBX 2.11. Correct?

Everything works until you attempt to upgrade modules using FreePBX Module Admin. Correct?

Once in Module Admin, are you checking for online update?

If so, are you then selecting Upgrade ALL?
Yes, res, yes, and yes.

More specifically, I run the FreePBX 2.11.3 upgrade module and follow the instructions and it breaks after the step where my only option is to upgrade Core 2.11..0.34 to Core 12.0.27. I got there by installing the upgrade module, running it, and then checking online.

Have you tried updating the Motif module first?

Have you tried removing and then reinstalling the Motif module?

No and no.

I checked online for module updates before running the upgrade module. Nothing was marked for update and I did not pay close attention to things that weren't installed.

In a bit I will try removing and reinstalling the Motif module and will post the results.

Thanks.

rylen

Reaction score
I'm leaving the below to help others troubleshoot this problem and/or smooth the installation process. I, fortunately, have upgraded myself out of jeopardy.

Uninstalling/reinstalling Motif did not help (see below) but it did show me I was using Motif 2.11.17 and the most recent was 12.0.3.

In order to install that, I needed to have SIP Settings at 12.0+ and I was currently at 2.11.0.9.

So, I upgraded SIP Settings, then I upgraded Motif, and my problems have vanished. Now I'm upgrading everything else.

Thank you for the help.
-------
I found one "Motif" module, "Google Voice/Chan Motif 2.11.17".

On uninstalling, the error message when I apply changes to:
Added to globals: ASTETCDIR = /etc/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTMODDIR = /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
Added to globals: ASTVARLIBDIR = /var/lib/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTAGIDIR = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
Added to globals: ASTSPOOLDIR = /var/spool/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTRUNDIR = /var/run/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTLOGDIR = /var/log/asterisk
Added to globals: CWINUSEBUSY = true
Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = admin
Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = amp111
Added to globals: AMPDBENGINE = mysql
Added to globals: AMPDBHOST = localhost
Added to globals: AMPDBNAME = asterisk
Added to globals: AMPDBUSER = asteriskuser
Added to globals: AMPDBPASS = amp109
Added to globals: VMX_CONTEXT = from-internal
Added to globals: VMX_PRI = 1
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_CONTEXT =
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_EXT = dovm
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_PRI = 1
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_CONTEXT =
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_EXT = dovm
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_PRI = 1
Added to globals: MIXMON_DIR =
Added to globals: MIXMON_POST =
Added to globals: DIAL_OPTIONS = Ttr
Added to globals: TRUNK_OPTIONS = Tt
Added to globals: TRUNK_RING_TIMER = 300
Added to globals: MIXMON_FORMAT = wav
Added to globals: REC_POLICY = caller
Added to globals: RINGTIMER_DEFAULT = 15
Added to globals: TRANSFER_CONTEXT = from-internal-xfer
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method core_conf::addRtpAdditional() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sipsettings/functions.inc.php on line 185

On reinstalling, it reverts to what I've shown previously.

I do not use Google Voice. Would it be possible to omit this entirely?
I just did a "check online" to see if I had the latest version of things. Motif can be upgraded from 2.11.17 to 12.0.3 but it needs SIP Settings 12.0+ and I have 2.11.0.9.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
Hi all
My server is a Incredible 13-13 with Enchilada ugrade.
I got this error today:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getMessage() on a non-object in /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php on line 389
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to a member function getMessage() on a non-object in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php on line 389
Stack trace:
1. () /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php:389

My server when I get in (GUI) it has the apply config in red and when I try to apply it shows the error and don't do the apply.
So what can I do to fix it? There is anything that I can do?

Ps: I get in the server using ssh i open /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php and I saw this:

line 386: $sql = "SELECT tech.keyword,tech.data from $table_name tech LEFT OUTER JOIN trunks on (tech.id = CONCAT('tr-peer-',trunks.trunkid) OR tech.id = CONCAT('tr-user-',trunks.trunkid)) where tech.id='$id' and tech.keyword <> 'account' and (trunks.disabled = 'off' OR trunks.disabled IS NULL) order by flags, keyword DESC";
line 387: $results2_pre = $db->getAll($sql, DB_FETCHMODE_ASSOC);
line 388: if(DB::IsError($results2_pre)) {
line 389: die($results2->getMessage());

Last edited:

Eliad

Reaction score
I am not absolutely sure, I think I got the same error when I was adding some trunks and dialplans. I rebooted the server and then I pressed the apply configuration and it worked.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@Eliad
First of all thank you very much for your attention time and answer.
Hi, yes this is what happens I just add a trunk and a dialplan and after that I was not able to apply config, everytime that I press apply config it give me the error.
I did what you said and still does not worked also I tryed to reinstall core and still does not fixed the problem.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What were you trying to do before the error occurred? Have you checked /var/log/asterisk/full and /var/log/httpd/error_log? Have you tried fwconsole reload?

Last edited:

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy Thank you very much for your attention time and help.
I was add a Brazilian DID from a Brazilian company (GTGI) but I did no add its IP first.
After I add the DID I just try the apply config and I get the error.
Just now I tryed the fwconsole reload and I get this message in red:
Error(s) have occured, the following is the retrieve_conf output:
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getMessage() on a non-object in /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php on line 389
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Call to a member function getMessage() on a non-object in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php on line 389
Stack trace:
1. () /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php:389

Any ideia?

Ps:about this:/var/log/asterisk/full and /var/log/httpd/error_log
I get this:
[2017-12-13 03:48:12] ERROR[2035] netsock2.c: getaddrinfo("***provider ip address***", "(null)", ...): Name or service not known
[2017-12-13 03:48:12] WARNING[2035] acl.c: Unable to lookup '***provider ip address***'
[2017-12-13 03:53:12] ERROR[2035] netsock2.c: getaddrinfo("***provider ip address***", "(null)", ...): Name or service not known
[2017-12-13 03:53:12] WARNING[2035] acl.c: Unable to lookup '***provider ip address***'
"/var/log/asterisk/full" 42982L, 4260684C 1,1 Top
[2017-12-13 03:48:12] ERROR[2035] netsock2.c: getaddrinfo("***provider ip address***", "(null)", ...): Name or service not known
[2017-12-13 03:48:12] WARNING[2035] acl.c: Unable to lookup '***provider ip address***'
[2017-12-13 03:53:12] ERROR[2035] netsock2.c: getaddrinfo("***provider ip address***", "(null)", ...): Name or service not known
[2017-12-13 03:53:12] WARNING[2035] acl.c: Unable to lookup '***provider ip address***'
"/var/log/asterisk/full" 42982L, 4260684C 1,1 Top

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Delete the trunk and see if that resolves the issue. Then add it again with the proper information.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy Hi, thank you very much for your attention time and help
Already delete trunk and inbound rout and all things related with it and result is same.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy
Hi, thank you very much for your time attention and help.
I already delete Trunk and all relateds (routes dialplan and etc.) and does not solve.
I also reinstall core. I did the fwconsole.
Nothing could fixe it until now.

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy
First of all thank you for your time attention help and also for your patience with me.
I did not upgrade core, framework , dashboard or firewall, I just desinstall and install core only this.
The PBX is working the only problem is the apply config red that we can see whe we are in dashboard, including I do not have error messages in it.
Ahh, I reboot it many times using Putty and also I reboot using the panel of the server.

What do you think about this: do the Enchilada upgrade again?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Reinstalling core may have hosed your system. Do you have a backup?

The error messages tell me that your provider was not removed completely. It still sees the blank IP address.

Reinstalling Enchilada would erase everything you've added so you might as well start over.

Not sure how you even managed to remove and reinstall core. That option doesn't even appear in Module Admin:

DQ9HIUFUQAA4KT6.jpg

A Word to the Wise: You need to start making backups BEFORE you make changes so that you have a way to recover when disaster strikes! There's a backup module under the Admin tab.

Last edited:

Jose Pinto

Reaction score
@wardmundy
Thank you for your attention time patience and help.
Ok I understand. I think that you are right about the provider and I will see it again.
About the backup I will use it - thanks for that also.
This PBX is not for use is just to learn and I'm leanning a lot with it and with you and others here.
This one is i CA&C and I understand that it is only to study and to do some tests not for for production.
So I will try more things in it and if does not work I will reinstall Enchilada upgrade. But I will just report here all that will happen, so maybe can be usefull for others "newbee" that comes here to learn.
Thank you again, I'm very happy to be here, I'm learnning.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
You might want to consider Vultr $2.50 per month platform. For 50 cents more you get image backups that can be restored in minutes.

are they charging for the back ups now? or did i never notice them charging me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.