TUTORIAL Simonics Google Voice trunk inbound calls fail

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Inbound calls are failing with a WARNING[20484][C-00000045]: Ext. s:6 @ from-sip-external: "Rejecting unknown SIP connection from 104.236.102.59

I have Allow Anonymous SIP calls turned off

I finally got outbound calls working also but as soon as the party answers it drops with no rtp traffic errors.

billsimon

Reaction score
From some discussion on the dslreports.com VoIP forum I have found that Asterisk does not necessarily match peer and registrar even if they have the same DNS name. What that means is that even if you define a peer as host=gvgw.simonics.com and register to gvgw.simonics.com, if DNS has multiple A records and/or SRV records for that name, then Asterisk may pick different ones for the registrar and peer. That's no problem for our service, but it's a problem for Asterisk, because it means that inbound calls will possibly not match a defined peer.

There are two workarounds to this problem that I know of. One is to enable anonymous SIP calls. Then it is not required that incoming calls match against a SIP peer. Asterisk will just accept calls from everywhere.

The second is to use the "CallCentric method" which is documented in many places. In brief, you look up all the IP addresses for the proxies from which calls might come and define (incoming-only) peers for them. You can do that in FreePBX but it's just as quick to do it in sip_custom.conf. Here is one post out of a long thread at dslr: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30005405-

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Thank you Bill! I will study this but for this particular incidence I think it is my own ability to shoot myself in the foot! I have my firewall locked down very tight and forgot to add your gvgwX addresses to it. I still have some little glitches which might be related to this info. Thanks again.

VaHam

Reaction score
It is always the little things which get you. I fought and fought trying to get my Android running CsipSimple to register via TCP. Al the other device I had setup I was able to cut and paste the password and I went over and over entering it in the Android several times. After many many attempts I decided to try setting up another connection using Zoiper on my computer and do it all by hand (no cut and paste). That too failed which gave me the clue that something was just wrong with password characters. I was viewing them in notepad using arial font and the capital I had no bar at top or bottom; so I tried both a one and a lower case l. I switched to fixed system font and voila the problem smacked me in the face. :)

discipulus

Reaction score
Hey Bill,

I'm a newbie, so how can I take the information from that Thread and set it up in FreePBX?

discipulus

Reaction score
I had it set-up the way it is described in the knowledge base and incoming calls were being rejected. Authentication error.

billsimon

Reaction score
Please paste the error here. Note that the trunk (peer details) DOES have to be named the same as your GVGW account name for inbound call auth to work.

titodj

Reaction score
Note that the trunk (peer details) DOES have to be named the same as your GVGW account name for inbound call auth to work.

Thank you !!! I'm glad I found this !!
I was pulling out my hair !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.