FYI Help After Installing IncrediblePBX 11

Jim Hooter

Reaction score
I am following the instructions at:

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=5060

After installing IncrediblePBX 11, and setting my IP address in iptables, I am unable to access the GUI using my web browser. When I type the IP address of my server into the address bar, it just sits there...

The IP address I used in iptables is the public IP address of my router.

What's wrong?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think you also have to authorize the IP address in the Amazon Cloud as well. We no longer support this platform.

Jim Hooter

Reaction score
One last question: Do I likewise need to make provisions in Amazon EC2 for my Vitelity trunks?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
One last question: Do I likewise need to make provisions in Amazon EC2 for my Vitelity trunks?

It's a separate firewall so, yes, you need to allow SIP traffic for the server to which you are registered. Be very careful on EC2. Amazon treats private LAN addresses as routable within the Amazon Cloud. By design, we don't protect against Bad Guys on non-routable, private LAN addresses so you'll need to adjust the IPtables setup to lock those addresses down or remove them entirely. Better yet, dump EC2! RentPBX and Digital Ocean are much less expensive and much more secure using the default Incredible PBX builds.

Jim Hooter

Reaction score
That's not what I was asking. You said you no longer supported Amazon EC2. Therefore, I asked which platforms you recommend. Your link does not address my question. Please advise...

Jim Hooter

Reaction score
Ok, I just now saw your second reply. Thank you. I will check those out...

Jim Hooter

Reaction score
Oh WOW!! Thank you VERY MUCH for that referral!!!! They are MUCH less expensive! Thank you again, Mr. Mundy!!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.