TRY THIS Help with setting up FreePBX with GXV3140

itmonitor

Reaction score
Hello,

I am working to setup my GXV3140 to use FreePBX. What I have done:

1. Setup a Trunk and added the SIP provider
2. Created an Outbound Route and linked it to the Trunk
3. Added an Extension to my GXV3140

With the information from the Extension, I configured the GXV3140 to login into the FreePBX, using a fixed IP and NAT set to "never". On my GXV3140, I see that it is connected to the FreePBX. This means the login data (SIP, user, password) is ok in the GVX3140 webadmin. However, when I try to dial a phone number in my GXV3140, it will not dial and tell me that "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again."

I think this has something to do with the dialing plans. I do not want to restrict my outbound calls because I need free access to international calls, local calls, etc. I read somewhere (forgot to keep the link) that if I leave the dialplan fields blank, it will not restrict any call. However, in my case it seems not to be working. Or this could be another setup feature at FreePBX that I am not aware of. Any advice is appreciated! :)

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

There are multiple things that could be going wrong here. When you say "dialplan fields", do you mean fields in the Trunk configuration or the Outbound Route configuration? You have to put something in your Outbound Route configuration so that you can dial out. Generally you can leave the trunk fields blank.

What would be really helpful would be for you to post a (sanitized - remove any private info like external-facing phone numbers etc) copy of the Asterisk logs when you place a call that doesn't work properly. Using PuTTY or another SSH client, SSH into your server and run "asterisk -vvvr". You should get lots of output - ctrl+f is your friend here. Copy paste that here inside of [ code ] [ /code ] tags (w/o the spaces by the brackets) or on pastebin with a link here.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Hello,
I think this has something to do with the dialing plans. I do not want to restrict my outbound calls because I need free access to international calls, local calls, etc. I read somewhere (forgot to keep the link) that if I leave the dialplan fields blank, it will not restrict any call. However, in my case it seems not to be working. Or this could be another setup feature at FreePBX that I am not aware of. Any advice is appreciated! :)

Try this?: http://www.mehrdust.com/archives/grandstream-gxv3140-config-tips

"You are able to change the dial plan in the web interface under [Account] -> [Call settings]. Change it to { x+ | *x+ }" - If I recall correctly, that worked for me on a 3175 i.e. I could dial any number if I put in { x+ | *x+ }

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.