DEAL JS200-FX Appliance GVoice $35

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Specifically about the static IP, you're really trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist... Good luck.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Don't think it's oauth. Had to relax security settings on account.

deeiche

Reaction score
This could have happened because the device should not be sold in US. I say this because I picked up mine from USPS yesterday. First thing I did was take off the 4 sticky feet, unscrew the case and open it up. No identifying labels on it anywhere, no FCC ID either ( this is why it legally can't be sold in US ). There was a MAC Address label on the inside. I looked it up and found Tecom vendor. I started digging around with Google, search for "ADSL VOIP Tecom" and found some references on OpenWRT forum. From there I found an OpenWRT page for Huawei HG550, which from pictures I found of it looks exactly the same. It appears they were sold in Europe, hence why there is no FCC ID. It was also sold as a Tecom AH4021.

These things are basically repurposed, almost 10 year old devices. But if they work, I don't care about FCC ID.

I can post links to OpenWRT pages and Internet Wayback archive of pictures of the Huawei, if it is appropriate.

Oh yeah, I intend to connect my level shifter serial adapter to the 4 pins inside the box. It just got to late last night to finish.

g.day

PS I see they are still forsale on eBay, but for $32.99 + 4.99 freight.

I purchased 2 off ebay, from ebay sellter NetKing916, one about 8 days ago, and the other maybe 3 days ago. Today got an email saying the one ordered 8 days ago was shipped today, and contained a chinapost tracking number. The 2nd one is still outstanding. Came home to check the order status, and BOTH my ebay transaction have been replaced with the following message:
“We had to remove this listing from the site and you’re not required to complete the transaction. If you’ve already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don’t have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.”
The transaction number/date of order are all gone.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
GOt mine yesterday. no compliance stickers either. no info in box. Got it configured via wifi. I can not find a way to ssh or telnet in.
Nice little box. need to put a DID on it and connect it up to my PIAF through an IAX trunk too.

deeiche

Reaction score
Anyone else get an email from the seller regarding potential power supply issues?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Got the email offering free replacement as well.

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Same here.... Some refurbished units may have faulty power supply..etc etc..

I have emailed them repeatedly about shipment for one unit I bought through eBay 3 weeks ago- there hasn't been any update whatsoever, the eBay transaction is dead any way...

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
Ok... Update.... Even though x100p is unresponsive, and the transaction is no longer visible on eBay, I looked up the payment on Paypal, to see if contact/dispute could be raised there. Quite uselessly, PayPal suggested raising a dispute through eBay!!... So, back to eBay... And in there, when you select the transaction to raise a dispute on, it showed tracking information!!. Both got delivered on the 31st of March.

drgeoff

Reaction score
Anyone else get an email from the seller regarding potential power supply issues?
No, I haven't had such an email. And as my PSU is running from 230 volts I'd be even more concerned about a possible problem.

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
No, I haven't had such an email. And as my PSU is running from 230 volts I'd be even more concerned about a possible problem.

The problem is only with "some" refurbished units, yours may not be affected. Here is the full email:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of our JS-200FX product.

We are writing to make you aware of a potential issue with a small number of power adapters shipped with refurbished units in recent shipment.

If you are experiencing problem such as failure to power on or constant blinking of LEDs, please let us know and we will promptly re-ship the power adapter.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you once again for your support.

Best Regards,
x100p.com

rchalk

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I got one of these to play with, but I am not sure I understand fully what it can and cannot do. Everyone's emphasis is on Google Voice, but I am interested in using it with VOIP.MS, and can't get the trunk to work. I set a sub-account on VOIP.MS, configured to connect to a SIP server. Then in the JX200 I created a trunk, with the fqdn of dallas.voip.ms, and the subaccount as the user, and the appropriate password. However, when I look at the system status, it shows "Unrecognized Trunk". Has anyone had any luck connecting this box directly to a provider? What am I doing wrong???

Thanks.

RizSher

Guru
Reaction score
I still haven't received mine yet, however, before ordering, it was one of the first questions I asked and Ward replied confirming other service providers can be set up as trunks. Maybe you've got an error in your trunk setting? The following works fine on my PIAF box:
disallow=all
canreinvite=nonat
nat=yes ; uncomment if behind nat
context=from-trunk
host=sip.uk1.voip.ms
secret=xxxx
type=friend
username=10xxxx
allow=ulaw
fromuser=10xxxx
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
insecure=port,invite

10xxxx:[email protected]:5060

drgeoff

Reaction score
I can confirm the box readily connects to other ITSPs. I have had no problem with registering to Sipgate UK, Ekiga, IPPI, Localphone, Sipsorcery and PBXes. getonsip took a few attempts as it seems to need more than the usual trio of address, username and password.

raphou

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I got one of these to play with, but I am not sure I understand fully what it can and cannot do. Everyone's emphasis is on Google Voice, but I am interested in using it with VOIP.MS, and can't get the trunk to work. I set a sub-account on VOIP.MS, configured to connect to a SIP server. Then in the JX200 I created a trunk, with the fqdn of dallas.voip.ms, and the subaccount as the user, and the appropriate password. However, when I look at the system status, it shows "Unrecognized Trunk". Has anyone had any luck connecting this box directly to a provider? What am I doing wrong???

Thanks.

I know it is trivial, but I had the same message error before a reload ;-)

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Just my luck ... my JS200-FX arrived with a defective power supply. I also received the email message from the supplier - purchased via eBay. There's been no response (yet) to my report that the power supply that I received is, indeed, defective - I have asked for a replacement.

But, with a drawer or two full of power supplies, it might be possible to use another supply ... if the power specifications are known. Volts and amps requirement? Anyone?

/Pete./

wa4zlw

Reaction score
5V 0.6A - I got that email as well - mine is still working

leon

rchalk

Reaction score
Just my luck ... my JS200-FX arrived with a defective power supply. I also received the email message from the supplier - purchased via eBay. There's been no response (yet) to my report that the power supply that I received is, indeed, defective - I have asked for a replacement.

But, with a drawer or two full of power supplies, it might be possible to use another supply ... if the power specifications are known. Volts and amps requirement? Anyone?

/Pete./
Mine is 12v 2A. Just look at the label on the one you got with it.
I am running on a 12V 1.5A I had lying around, and it seems fine.

hraynor

Guru
Reaction score
So I've been off the board for a long time now, but did order one of the JS200-FX boxes. Had the powersupply issue as well but had a 2A 12v supply lying around that works with it...

Overall looks like a great device, but a few MAJOR issues:

1. On Eth2 you can only configure a static address - ok, no problem, but there is NO way to configure a gateway (router). Thus I can't access the stupid thing from another subnet/VLAN on my network to configure it.

2. On Eth1, doesn't appear to be able to receive a DHCP address. Not sure why, haven't yet used WireShark to see what's going on, but it never gets one (not an issue with my network, everything else, including on that switch port, gets one).

3. Can't SSH or Telnet in yet, so can't override the lack of network configuration options.

Other funny thing is that while of course I can't ping the LAN IP from another VLAN (see #2, can't define gateway), I can't ping it from a device on the SAME VLAN/subnet either (plugged into a switch). The switch does see the MAC address of the device plugged into that port though. Of course also can't browse to it from there.

Only way I can access the box is via WiFi or plugged directly into my PC (haven't tried a dumb switch yet). I've tried plugging it both into my backbone switch (SMC TigerSwitch 8624T) and a NetGear M4100 (both L2 switches, the NetGear is PoE), and know my VLANs are configured correctly (switchport for the device is configured correctly - untagged on port for VLAN 2, PVID=2 which is the VLAN it should be on, and ETH2 is configured for an IP on VLAN 2). WAN port plugged into switch is no better...

What an odd bird regarding network configuration. I can understand why they may not want a gateway setup on the LAN port (security perhaps), but one should provide the option to override this at least. That said, obviously this isn't the only issue...

If only I could SSH into the box, it should be fixable... At least I would hope... (as well as perhaps enabling VLAN support in Linux, if the hardware supports this).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.