ALERT 911 ? Different trunks?

l4cky

Reaction score
Hi,

My incrediblepbx has 2 trunks:

1- Normal
2- Google voice.

For outbound calling, using trunk normal requires dialing normally. 5148888 to reach destination
For google voice outbound use, I added a prefix 9. So I call 95148888888 to reach the destination.

Now, what happens in case of emergency, and we dial 911.

Will the system considers it as outbound calling trunk 1 or it will consider as Google voice (9 as prefix) plus number 11?

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Assuming your Normal trunk has 911 capability, set up a new outbound route for 911 and make sure it is at the top of the outbound route list.

l4cky

Reaction score
Assuming your Normal trunk has 911 capability, set up a new outbound route for 911 and make sure it is at the top of the outbound route list.

thanks. yes it has 911 support.

How do i set up a new outbound route for 911? Like below (route position = no change = first)? Not sure if I need to add anything to make it work. I mean, what if I didn't make that route, 911 wouldn't be working?

98wsbn.jpg

thanks!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
The short answer is that the route position should be at the top.
For Dial Plan, do 911 like you have and 9|911 (9 in the box before the | and 911 like where you have it now) just to CYA.
Make sure that the CID you force out with that route is e911 enabled.
Otherwise that should work.

l4cky

Reaction score
Make sure that the CID you force out with that route is e911 enabled.

Thanks for confirming!!
What do you mean by CID forced out with that route is e911 enabled? How do I verify it?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Don't know who your provider is, but consider this example from VoIPms. I can have 10, 20, 30 DIDs with VoIPms. I can have e911 enabled on all or none of them. Let's say that I'm an office building with 100 DIDs. I'm not going to pay $1.99/month or whatever it is for e911 for each individual DID when I can do it on the main number and force that number out for emergency calls. If I'm Joe User with DID 404-404-4111 and the main business number (with e911 activated) is 404-404-4100, I'd force 404-404-4100 out as my CID.
Hopefully that helps.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
l4cky

If all your extensions are at one location, then do as Ross suggests above. And, I suspect that is your situation, but let's not assume!

If you have any remote extensions, then be aware that the information e911 operators receive will be based on the physical address of the Main number, or where the PBX resides. For remote extensions, you will want the CID of the extension to be sent to e911, otherwise First Responders will show up at the wrong location. So, do your due diligence beforehand.

l4cky

Reaction score
Don't know who your provider is, but consider this example from VoIPms. I can have 10, 20, 30 DIDs with VoIPms. I can have e911 enabled on all or none of them. Let's say that I'm an office building with 100 DIDs. I'm not going to pay $1.99/month or whatever it is for e911 for each individual DID when I can do it on the main number and force that number out for emergency calls. If I'm Joe User with DID 404-404-4111 and the main business number (with e911 activated) is 404-404-4100, I'd force 404-404-4100 out as my CID.
Hopefully that helps.

I sort of get it. However, I have a question.

Let's say I have a PBX with 2 different SIP providers. Both SIP providers provided me a phone #. So I have 2 phone #. For example, 514-888-8888 (SIP provider A) and 514-999-9999 (SIP provider B). I believe I also have 2 DID. For outgoing calls, is it possible to display the same caller ID (514-888-8888) when using the 514-999-9999 trunk when both of the 2 trunks (SIP) are registrered into the incrediblepbx? In other words, can I use the 514-999-9999 trunk to call and the receive sees my number as 514-888-8888?

In your case, it is possible because all DID = the same SIP provider?

l4cky
If all your extensions are at one location, then do as Ross suggests above. And, I suspect that is your situation, but let's not assume!

If you have any remote extensions, then be aware that the information e911 operators receive will be based on the physical address of the Main number, or where the PBX resides. For remote extensions, you will want the CID of the extension to be sent to e911, otherwise First Responders will show up at the wrong location. So, do your due diligence beforehand.

Thanks for the head up. I assume remote location = a different physical location than the main number registrered?

rikishi

Reaction score
can I use the 514-999-9999 trunk to call and the receive sees my number as 514-888-8888?
Providers differ greatly regarding caller ID spoofing. Virtually all "wholesale" providers, including those that are small user friendly, e.g. AlcazarNetworks, AnveoDirect, Flowroute and Voxbeam allow sending any valid caller ID. Likewise for some retail, e.g. Anveo, CircleNet.us, VoIP.ms. Some, e.g. Callcentric, permit any number verified as yours. Some, e.g. Localphone, allow only numbers you are renting from them. And some, e.g. VOIPo, PhonePower, always send the primary number associated with your account.

Some providers that otherwise restrict the number you can send have special provisions to allow e.g. forwarding an incoming call to your mobile such that the original caller's number is displayed.

l4cky

Reaction score
Providers differ greatly regarding caller ID spoofing. Virtually all "wholesale" providers, including those that are small user friendly, e.g. AlcazarNetworks, AnveoDirect, Flowroute and Voxbeam allow sending any valid caller ID. Likewise for some retail, e.g. Anveo, CircleNet.us, VoIP.ms. Some, e.g. Callcentric, permit any number verified as yours. Some, e.g. Localphone, allow only numbers you are renting from them. And some, e.g. VOIPo, PhonePower, always send the primary number associated with your account.

Some providers that otherwise restrict the number you can send have special provisions to allow e.g. forwarding an incoming call to your mobile such that the original caller's number is displayed.

I see. I wonder if which type does freephoneline.ca belong...

I also have a question, here in my province, calling 811 allows people to reach healthcare advice. I am able to find out 811 = 1-800-361-3977. Because I am with some voip company that isn't in my province, calling 811 fails.

How (in detailled steps please) can I put 811 to dial 1-800-361-3977 in incrediblepbx? Is it in asterisk phonebook, or trunk dial pattern, out outgoing route dial pattern? And how do I link 811 to a phone #?

Thanks

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
How (in detailled steps please) can I put 811 to dial 1-800-361-3977 in incrediblepbx? Is it in asterisk phonebook, or trunk dial pattern, out outgoing route dial pattern? And how do I link 811 to a phone #?
Thanks

Add a line to one of your outbound routes that looks like this:
OupQ3ed.png

You would want to put this in your "default" outbound route, or whichever processes the calls that aren't forced out a specific trunk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.