QUESTION Odd Voicemail behavior

Glenn Jensen

Reaction score
Guys,

If I configure my extensions (softphone) like [email protected], I can access my voicemail just fine, however, if I configure the same extension as [email protected], Comedian Mail asks for the password, and hangs for about 20 seconds and then enters the box.

This is completely new behavior as of this week - no changes to iptables, port routing, or anything else other than a typical update. One other possibility is that have been trying to install zend (the php -v shows it is installed).

Running this per the ubuntu 14.04 load.

Ideas (I can reinstall, but that would blow away a lot of work and it's not as intellectually challenging)!!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
What softphone are you using? My first though is that the way you enter the server's address shouldn't make a bit of difference.
Please post call logs of the affected calls both ways.

Glenn Jensen

Reaction score

Glenn Jensen

Reaction score
[Solved]

Going through normal diagnostic measures, I thought I would try an IAX softphone (LoudHush/MAC) and see if I got the same symptoms.... IAX worked fine per the above variants in addresses.

I then built another version of PBXIAF/Ubuntu on a small test server, same improper results with SIP (which therefore pointed me back to the router).

Upon very close inspection of router settings, I had 'SIP-passthrough' enabled .... disabling it, everything returned to normal operations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rltwftm6rjjqz55/Screenshot 2015-03-30 07.23.12.png?dl=0

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Sorry if I disappeared there. I did look at the logs and thought I replied, but I guess not.
Glad you got it sorted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.