SOLVED piaf 20650 install not working

sittsh

Reaction score
I downloaded piaf 20650 disk image (I think it's the latest version) boot it up it gets to

total download size 240 m
downloading packages

and does nothing else.

any ideas

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
That image is no longer officially supported. Switch to PIAF 3. Recommend CentOS 6.5/6.6 platform with PIAF-Green and FreePBX 2.11. Tutorial here.

sittsh

Reaction score
That image is no longer officially supported. Switch to PIAF 3. Recommend CentOS 6.5/6.6 platform with PIAF-Green and FreePBX 2.11. Tutorial here.

ok so now im installing piaf3 and found three problems with the tutorial
1. when creating 3 partitions the swap partition is automatically last so when issuing an fdisk -l it will show swap as sda3 tutorial shows it as sda2.
2. sed -i 's|quiet|quiet net.ifnames=0 biosdevdame=0|'/etc/default/grub Does not work because there is no /etc/default/grub file
3. grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg Does not work this is the error -bash: grub2-mkconfig: command not found

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
sittsh: Press on. The errors are harmless. The installer has to address quirks from many platforms. Some may not apply to you. Naming of partitions really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

sittsh

Reaction score
sounds good Pressing on
last thing left is to move the rhino card from the main system to this one.

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
FWIW - Just tried this install on a VM (Proxmox) using Centos 6.5 and it failed a few minutes into the piaf3 install with an error about this being an old iso.

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks g.tucci for that suggestion.
In my case I want to install the 'green' option rather than 'yellow'.
But I tried your suggestion starting at the "At reboot asterisk won't work ! You have to recompile it !" part to no avail.
I'm suspecting that because I choose to name my server something other than localhost.localdomain may have something to do with my failure as that is the only deviation I made from Ward's instructions.
After a fresh install I will post results here.

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
After a fresh install using a VM on a Proxmox server following the directions here http://nerdvittles.com/?p=9526, I get a failure.
Here are errors that occurred during the install -

[root@localhost ~]# sed -i 's|quiet|quiet net.ifnames=0 biosdevdame=0|' /etc/default/grub
sed: can't read /etc/default/grub: No such file or directory

[root@localhost ~]# grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
-bash: grub2-mkconfig: command not found

EXPERIMENTAL BUILD VERIFICATION
<<>>ERROR Asterisk green seems to have failed to compile!
This install will continue but you may have to hand
compile Asterisk! Please check the /var/log/install-green.log
Press ENTER to continue! PLEASE NOTE THIS NOTIFICATION MAY BE
IN ERROR AS THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL TEST
If you are going to report this in the forums you need to include
1. Hardware or virtualized system 2. Initial install or update-source
3. What ISO version you used 4. What else you have done to your system
WITHOUT THIS INFO YOUR POST WILL BE IGNORED!
Tap the ENTER key to continue

Download from www.pbxinaflash.us/piaf6-64 successful!
var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine
var/www/html/index.html
var/www/html/index.php

Please wait...
PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57

PHP Fatal error: Cannot make static method DB::connect() non static in class freepbx_db in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_DB.php on line 57
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

Please wait...

**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
Attached is the install-green.log in case anyone wants to look at it.

Attachments

• install-green.log.txt
    1 MB · Views: 0

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Hi RonRussell

All of your errors stem from the Asterisk Failed to compile. Once that occurs there is no point in moving forward as nothing else will install quite right. I suppose in PIAF4 we will exit from the install program when this warning occurs.

A lot of problems can be traced to using the PIAF2 20650 ISO. In a word:

DO NOT USE THE 20650 INSTALL ANYMORE. IT IS BROKEN AND DOES NOT WORK AND IS NOT SUPPORTED WITH PIAF3

I would do the following:

1. Install centos with a minimal install (DO NOT USE THE 20650 ISO!!!!)
2. sed -i 's|no|yes|' /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
3. ifup eth0 then service network restart
4. yum -y update
5. reboot
6. You should have Centos 6.6 at this stage. If not try it again the entire install is predicated on you running Centos 6.6 or higher and NOT CENTOS 6.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. yum -y install net-tools nano kernel-devel (the kernel dev wont install if you are running centos 6.5 there is a patch however but we dont support 6.5)
8. cd /root
9. wget http://pbxinaflash.com/piaf3-install.tar.gz
10. tar zxvf piaf3-install.tar.gz
11. ./piaf3-install
12. After the system reboots choose to exit to the command prompt before anything else
13. cd /usr/local/sbin
14. if isomenu exists rm -vf isomenu
15. type piafdl and check to see that you have version 3.06 released on 022315 if not do OPTIONAL step
16. rm -vf piafdl then do the following:

If you are using 32bit: wget http://www.pbxinaflash.org/projects/piaf3/files/piafdl.gz

OR

If you are using 64bit: wget http://www.pbxinaflash.org/projects/piaf3-64/files/piafdl.gz

17. type piafdl and recheck to ensure you have the latest version.

Unfortunately ISOMENU is on the old ISO and it downloads the OLD installer from the PIAF2 path which of course does not work!!!!!!!! There is no solution this this short of removing the piaf2 tree (Which I really really want to do)

I have since dumped proxmox and use virtualbox exclusively. I keep virgin copies of step 11 on all flavours of asterisk and whenever we update asterisk versions I start up a Centos 6.6 version and run piafdl -d which downloads the latest versions from the developer site. We install ALL colors/32/64 versions each time we release updated asterisk source code. I will be releasing some updated versions of the asterisk flavours in the next day or so that will have some patches for fail2ban and eventually in the next week or so the final version of PIAF3 which will have the whitelist built into the base system.

After that PIAF4 will be released with a unified asterisk installer. e.g. one installer for all supported versions of asterisk. Initially Centos/RH/SL/etc based but perhaps other linux flavours in the future once PIAF4 is stable. I am hope to add to the menu the ability to install either PIAF Basic or Incredible PBX as part of the base configuration however Ward and I are still fencing over that.

Hope this works I will be as part of our QA be installing PIAF3-Green tonight on a CENTOS 6.6 system to see if I can duplicate your problem

TOM

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I have applied a patch for all NEW PIAF3 installs that fixes the fail2ban pid errors. Thinking about how to best send it out for existing piaf3 installs .... will be available in the next day or so.

(thanks g.tucci!)

Tom

howardsl2

Guru
Reaction score
darmock Thanks for the detailed instructions. I tested these steps closely on a new VPS server, and here's what I observed:

After "Step 12", I checked /usr/local/sbin, and these files are present:

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 58280 Feb  4  2014 ciafdl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  112 Mar 29 19:34 ipaddscan.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 54768 Dec 14  2013 isomenu
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 53616 Dec 14  2013 isomenu.org
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  115 Jul 20  2014 mirrors.dl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  115 Jul 20  2014 mirrors.dl.1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  917 Mar 29 19:34 newmenu
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  1642 Mar 29 19:34 newparadigm.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 69656 Oct 27  2013 piafdl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 38240 Mar 29 19:34 piafxtras-menu
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 66488 Feb 11  2014 siafdl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 61448 Apr  8  2013 viafdl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 66144 Feb 11  2014 xiafdl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 57464 Feb 11  2014 yiafdl

In other words, the "piaf3-install" script downloaded OLD versions of isomenu and piafdl. Please note that I did not use the 2.0.6.5 ISO at all.

howardsl2

Guru
Reaction score
darmock I think I have found the reason why "piaf3-install" downloaded old versions of isomenu and piafdl.

In that script, there is the following line:
Code:
yum -y install piafdl piafxtras dialog ...

I then downloaded and extracted the piafdl package from the PIAF repository:
http://www.pbxinaflash.org/piafrepo/piaf3/x86_64/piafdl-1.0-1.x86_64.rpm

... and found that this package contains old versions of isomenu and piafdl as listed in my previous post.

If I proceed with the next steps by removing the "isomenu" and replace piafdl with the latest version, when I continue with the install, there is an error:
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/newmenu: line 14: /usr/local/sbin/isomenu: No such file or directory

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
Hey Tom,
Thanks much for your response.
As I specified my posts - I only used the PIAF3 install.
None of the errors I encountered are relative to 20650.
All of my attempts were done using the PIAF3 install.
I was trying to get some attention to the fact that the download does not work properly.
Thanks very much for all the work you do and have done.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I suppose the misnomer of the 20650 as the thread header is just frustrating

Just rebuilt all rpm's that contain the piafdl and isomenu files.

They are being uploaded to the developer site and will take about an hour so sometime after 2100 EDT it will be available. All the other mirrors will take some time to sync and we will let you know. In the interim you can do the following to test things both isomenu and piafdl have had their version numbers updated today

piafdl = version 3.1.0
isomenu = 3.1.0

If you want to test them do the following

1. cd /etc/yum.repos.d
2. edit piaf3.repo
3. ensure the baseurl is uncommented and pointing to pbxinaflash.org (it should be)
4. If it all works and the mirrors are properly synced you can comment out baseurl and uncomment mirrorlist

these are the latest. I scrubbed a spare machine and installed a virgin dev environment to ensure none of the old code sneaks in.

Thanks for people tracking this down.... Our automated update software was not keeping the .org site up todate with our internal repo we use all the time for development. Written some new stuff that compares all of the rpms on the mirrors to the local reference repo in the lab. Should do the trick.

Tom

RonRussell

Guru
Reaction score
I attempted to just run piaf3-install on the same host that my earlier install failed on.
This failed with numerous errors. Log file attached.
I will try the install from scratch later today.

Attachments

• install-green.log.txt
    861.9 KB · Views: 4

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I attempted to just run piaf3-install on the same host that my earlier install failed on.
This failed with numerous errors. Log file attached.
I will try the install from scratch later today.
scratch install and choose during the configure portion of piaf make menuconfig please then it will open up and you select everything then save and continue.

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.