RECOMMENDATIONS Calling from US to France and Vice/Versa

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I'm hunting for the best way to reach a cell phone in Europe from here in the US. I'll predominantly be in France, but will be in other countries periodically. I plan on getting a SIM card from one of the dominant phone providers over there, so I'll have the same number the whole time.

My initial thought was that I would have to have a local DID here and a France DID to get the best rates, but looking again it appears I'm wrong. Am I understanding this correctly that with Anveo, I can just call the France number directly from the US and pay $0.02/min?

Anveo - $0.0209/minute Value, $0.0232/minute Standard (Orange Mobile)
VoIPms - $0.1111/minute (Orange Mobile)

If so, that'd be great. As for calling back, that is what I'd need a France DID for. The issue that I'm finding is that both Anveo and VoIPms want proof of residency from the government, but that's not something that I'll be able to get. Any suggestions on that front?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Daughter is in Italy has local SIM and number. I set up an Anveo DID in Italy that rings here in the States. France requires a lot of documentation ie: local addr to get a DID Italy did not. Anyway, Anveo is very cheap for these calls so no reason to get too fancy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.